dry ice hash question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dry ice hash question

Hello, I would like to make dry ice hash, do I have to dry and cure the plant or can I chop down and throw into the dry ice and start shaking? I have also killed a few caterpillars on this plant, no major damage, is there something else I should do before dry icing?

You can do either way but if you go with green product you should probably freeze it first before dry icing it. Don't know why I'm afraid but that seems to be the recommended method. Have you decided what micron bag you'll use? I've found that 160-170 gives me a decent yield. Anything smaller and you literally need pounds of trim to make it worth your time and effort. I haven't made any in years so things may have changed.

Comment

• bowserbuds
      bowserbuds commented
      Editing a comment
      I used the 73 bag on 2.5 z of trim that was dried and got almost 10 grams of kief. These plants are extra clones I placed outside very late in the year and they took off.

• crucialbunny
      crucialbunny commented
      Editing a comment
      That's an impressive yield for only 2.5 oz. Like I said, I don't make it anymore because I use most all my trim for balms and edibles for my wheelchair bound daughter. Let us now how it turns out.

• bowserbuds
      bowserbuds commented
      Editing a comment
      will do

Howdy bowserbuds, If the bud/trim are not dried first, there will be water (ice) in the hash and that could lead to mold and fungal growth during the curing. Curing prior to making the DIH will reduce the 'green' taste and smell as well as making the final product smoother.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I've only ever done it with dry trim. I imagine it would be quite different if it was not at least dried first.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Thank you, I guess I'll just have to find the patience to dry and cure it first

Comment

Couldn't wait, dried the buds but not cured, top row 73 micron screen, bottom 120 screen. 115 grams of bud, total of the balls 27 grams. Going to let it sit for a while, packs a punch, taste mellow, not a bad taste but I hope it improves with age. I don't know if I am going to get a pollen press and smash them or not. any ideas?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X