Bud rot or insects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud rot or insects?

hello, i grow outdoors, today i harvested my diesel auto, all grate, however a few buds looked really bad, dark, bit dry on the outside, and a bit wet on the inside, they just have an off color to them.

at first i tho it's rot, but upon opening one of the buds, i found a larva inside, butterfly larva? not sure. and i've seen quite a few of them sneaking around my plants. however the other buds did not have anything inside.

the worry is that i still have a plant that's 1 month away from harvest, days are cold and wet not, and i noticed a few burned buds on top, completely dry, and they came off just by pulling them very slightly, is it rot, or could it be nutrient burn? cause i did get quite a bit of nutrient burn.

i'll post a few pictures of the larva, and what i supsect to be bud rot off the plant i harvested.

he's a cute little thing, but i brutally murdered him, no one touches MY WEED!

ALSO QUESTION: is 220g wet a good harvest for a diesel auto with 8 weeks of flowering (outdoors in a pot with soil) just curious, how much will that be in dry weight?

pics:https://imgur.com/a/Ggnlu2r

my plant is REALLY bush, however the "mold" or whatever it is, was in some of the top branches! not the lower ones in the shade, that's why i'm wondering if it's even mold
    Last edited by LosSerpent; 10-09-2020, 11:32 AM.

Your picture is too blurry to tell.

Comment

Sounds like caterpillars. Moths lay an egg on your bud and when it hatches it will eat and poop inside the bud causing the rot. I had a number of them in plants this year as did everyone I know who grows outdoors. One thing I noticed was the moths seemed to be interested in plants with a pine or citrus profile. I dodged a bullet and had small numbers of them in all but one plant. I lost about 30% of that plant. Best time to spot them seems to be an hour or so before dark.

Comment

Best solution I have seen for outdoors is building a frame kinda like a tent and wrap it with a screen that way the moths won’t lay eggs on your plants. Also keep an eye on the top of the screen because they will lay them on top and when they hatch the tiny caterpillars will drop on your plants. Either that or Spray which I don’t recommend in flower. That what I’m going to do next year outdoors I watched a guy on YouTube doit and worked perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
          Your picture is too blurry to tell.
          there is like 6 pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
            Best solution I have seen for outdoors is building a frame kinda like a tent and wrap it with a screen that way the moths won’t lay eggs on your plants. Also keep an eye on the top of the screen because they will lay them on top and when they hatch the tiny caterpillars will drop on your plants. Either that or Spray which I don’t recommend in flower. That what I’m going to do next year outdoors I watched a guy on YouTube doit and worked perfect.
            well it's too late for the screen now... how about a pesticide? i'll wash the bush before smoking them

Comment

• Cali
              Cali commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup too late now. It was a suggestion for next year. For now I think your going to treat your plants like it has flees and go thru the entire plant to make sure you don’t have any.

Bud rot from the caterpillars i think. Yeah for killing it poor creature should not of nested in your plant. Unfortunately it travels that rot so go through the whole plant. Good luck i sure hope your plant makes it.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have killed a few of those little buggers on my plants I brought inside to finish off in the tent. Is there something special I should do when starting to dry? There is no visible mold or rot. I plan on harvesting tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

• bowserbuds
                bowserbuds commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually, my wife made me throw them out into the garden after I told her I killed one. My bad, won't do it again. Note, don't put pot plants between butterfly attracting plants. have a great grow

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Butterfly's are just a painted up moth!

• bowserbuds
                bowserbuds commented
                Editing a comment
                thats funny rwise

I kill them every time I find them, I would never take one somewhere else and turn loose, ok maybe near someone I dont like. I also dont see them pollinating anything, the tomatoes have a tiny bee that work them, and I see bumble bees, honey bees (not as many as there once was) doing their thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                I kill them every time I find them, I would never take one somewhere else and turn loose, ok maybe near someone I dont like. I also dont see them pollinating anything, the tomatoes have a tiny bee that work them, and I see bumble bees, honey bees (not as many as there once was) doing their thing.
                yeah they are considered a pest, they eat crops etc

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found that out the first time I grew dill, it was almost ready to make some nice homemade dill pickles, next day it was eaten to the ground, damn painted moths got it.

guys i got this product at the store, question is, will i have to wash my weed before smoking it after i use this?

the active compound is delta deltamethrin

any tips? instructions are pretty bad, i mixed 1ml in 1l of water and sprayed all of my plant, how often should i do this? im 3 weeks ish from harvest.

how often should i spray them? also, it's raining, is that an issue?

Comment

well, its the only thing they had, they also had an organic one but he said it's too weak at this stage. you dont really answer any of my questions....

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me myself and I would not use it, we would try ISO and water 50/50 (1:1)

also i was wondering, how do i remove poop from buds so they don't rot?

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On damaged areas I dig out what I can, some wash the buds during harvest

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X