Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... It's been a while - QBoards

Hey guys,
    It's been a while since I've been on here. Work is... Slammed. I am getting new lights. Does anyone have experience and reviews about quantum boards. I like their slim design and am interested in trying them.
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

I've liked the Spider Farmer 1000 light. Perfect for a 2x2 tent, comes with a dimmer and anything under 80% power produces absolutely no additional heat, I'd lick it. Full strength, it does let off a little heat but manageable and doesn't burn to touch. All of the other SF units for larger areas are the same SF 1000, just more of them, so my happiness should translate to those as well. I just bought a couple more to try in the flower area.

Comment

I run the spider farmer 2000 and love it. Of course there are better lights out there but sf is definitely close to the top of your mid level quantum board lights. Sf uses the same components as HLG and has three year warranty and they replaced a light for my brother after 2 years which is why I went with them
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Currently running an HLG 360 Elite built from a kit. I like it. I've got 2 HLG 100 V2 lights left over from my first tent which was a 2.5x2.5. Putting together a new 4x4 set up and am also looking at lights. I've looked at the SF 1000. I like HLG products but am looking at hang height, distance from the plants, and heat. I'm considering something like the HT-02 Uniformity Pro 640 by FGI or ROI-680 by Growers Choice.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24 ​
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity ​6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

My last couple grows have been under 2 ES180’s. They’re a little pricey but worth every penny IMO. You can’t go wrong with a HLG RSpec either. They’re cheaper than the Electric Sky but were on back order and I used the stimulus check to purchase so I didn’t care to pay more instead of waiting on the HLG. I grow in my basement which stays around 70 degrees and the 2 ES180’s running at 100% only heats the tent up to 81 degrees with fan on low. Win!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent penetration. These lights are flipping powerful. I set them as high in the tent as possible at 50% and barely move the dial as they grow taller but not past 65-75% during veg or they’ll look beat up when you open the tent. Once I switch to 12/12 I start turning up the dial a little each day then once at 100% I start lowering the light until 24” above the canopy. I started off with a ES300 but it didn’t cover my 5ftx3ft tent completely so the awesome people at GSC let me return it for 2 ES180’s which covers the entire tent. I flowered under HPS for years and I can’t tell much difference. The buds may be slightly denser under HPS but I think the ES grows frostier tops.

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            KO, man thanks, I'm on my 1st go round using their nutes and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm just a super tight ass so it's hard to come off 1400 bucks for lights lol .... thanks again

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Trust me, if it wasn’t for the stimulus check I wouldn’t have dropped that on a light. Fortunately my wife snd I are both considered essential so we’ve been very fortunate. Are you using their nutes or super soil? I almost ordered some of their super soil ‘excellent results on YouTube’ but couldn’t drop that on a small bag lol

I just put up a 2/4/6 tent and put two Mars Hydro TS1000 lights in it, they are dimmable too.

Comment

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            I have Mars too and am happy with them. From the research I’ve done it seems like MH and SP are pretty much identical everything seems to be the same only difference would be customer service and I don’t know about it from either place.

Just finish my grow with a ViparSpectra P1500 and so far I'm happy with it. I'm thinking of replacing my blurples with the VS2000 series.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

So, I am totally borrowing this from another forum, the message was posted today by a poster named BURNER HERZOG and it made sense and totally relates to this conversation. Just food for though, but I wanted to share the ideas he was expressing. Again, I did not write this, credit to the poster Burner Herzog.

____ UPGRADING TO LEDS: MATH VS. BRAND LOYALTY

Are your plants lacking “top bin” LEDs and name brand recognition or are they lacking IR light and under canopy lighting? And in your personal life, are you lacking money, or clout?

What if I told you 576 “top bin” Samsung LM3018 diodes are better than 606 “best” Samsung LM3018 diodes, but we’ll run them all hotter to compensate? What if I told you that those 30 fewer diodes were going to cost you an extra $150? If I were you at this point I’d start to look at fluff terminology like “top bin” and “best” and ask if it is worth paying much more per diode, and getting fewer diodes based on a marketing term.

But if we’re going to fluff lets get to it. The “top bin” to me sounds like a place where all the dust collects, that’s not just a fact, its a law of nature. Where would I put my finest product? Not in that dusty top bin. Now “best”, well nothing is better than “best”. That’s a law of language. Where is the “best” bin? They’ll never tell you but it sure as shit isn’t at the top. The “top bin”, perhaps is for foreign buyers, the “best” bin could be for locals and friends who can repay favors. But this is all fluffing, and we have become fluffers.

Whatever quality “top bin” may or may not have is not great enough to overcome 30 additional “best” diodes from the same manufacturer on their competitors product. That difference also won’t amount to much considering their competitor uses the same brand of driver (Mean Well). Their competitor has two 760nm IR light diodes, they have none. To compensate for the numerical inferiority they run more watts through fewer diodes than their competitor. To top it all off they charge you $150 more for less product than their competitor.

At this point the bin debate goes to independent laboratory testing to defend “top bin”. The more expensive option has one listing from one trade organization and a letter from a lab in Anaheim, CA. The less expensive option has that same listing, and no letter from Anaheim, CA. So now we’re at less diodes, no IR, name brand recognition, some official stationary from Anaheim, CA and hotter diodes on average all for the low low price increase of $150.

So at this point you need to chose either $450 plus fluff and heat or $300 plus IR, 30 additional diodes, and less heat.

MATH vs BRAND LOYALTY:

$300 : (SPIDER FARMER) {SF-2000} 606 diodes (28 deep red diodes, 2 760 nm IR diodes, 576 LM3018 3000-5000k mixed diodes) 2 IR diodes plus 28 deep red diodes, (identical number of white/blue diodes as HLG total number of diodes)

or

$450 : (HORTICULTURE LIGHTING GROUP) {HLG 300L V2 RSpec} 576 diodes (32 deep red LM3018 3500k) No IR Diodes 30 less diodes overall

Or lets say you’ve been looking at a HLG 550 RSpec:

$800 : (HORTICULTURE LIGHTING GROUP) {HLG 550 V2 RSpec} 1152 diodes (64 deep red 1088 LM3018 3500k) No IR diodes 60 less diodes overall

vs

$600 (2X SF-2000 @ $300) : (SPIDER FARMER) {SF-2000 (two fixtures)} 1212 diodes (56 deep red diodes, 4 760nm IR diodes, and 1,152 LM3018 3000-5000k mixed diodes) 2 IR diodes, plus 28 deep red diodes, (identical number of white/blue diodes as HLG total number of diodes)

My personal experience with the SF2000 is that it produces a stem on every leaf and when mated with a hybrid aquaponic/hydroponic setup I get about four stems forming per week, every week of veg. The two larger plants below spent 10-14 days in seed starting mix before being transplanted into the hybrid A/H mini barrels on September 7th. Today is October 7th.

(Girl Scout Cookie plant to the far left is from May 31st and part of a semi disappointing bonsai experiment, that’s where the unusual branching comes from)

Final Points:

So at this point if the quality of quantity isn’t enough, and a fuller spectrum means nothing, lets look at performance. We do not have a lab that will work for free, but we do have AlboPepper on YouTube, which is the same thing minus a neighboring Target and Starbucks. A single SF-2000 will achieve a PPFD of 1054 in a 20×36 space, meaning your DLI is 45.5 for a 12 hour flower. Outdoor flowering light is 60 DLI for comparison. Reference material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK28aiRQ_Vs Go to 3:20 to skip straight to it

Why and how is PPFD of 45.5 very good? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg&t=756s 22:00 for PPFD to DLI

Why LEDs are inherently better grow lights https://www.canr.msu.edu/floricultur...teefficacy.pdf

P.S.

Q: “Wait, where’s the under canopy lighting coming from?”

A: The money you saved.

-Burner “the power of china compels me” Herzog

Comment

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah simple math
              $1100 @ HLG you get the new 650r that pulls 630w from the wall
              $1100 @ spider you get 2 sf4000 that pulls 900w from the same wall
              They are both made with the same parts have the same warranty and I know 4sure that sf gave my brother a new light after 2 years no questions asked because they couldn't fix his something about obsolete parts
              Whoever that guy is went way further than I did before I bought my sf (he's probably smarter just don't tell him I said that)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X