Super Frosty! Cant wait!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Super Frosty! Cant wait!!

My first two plants ever and I'm very happy so far! Cant wait to start next grow with the things I've learned!

I admit the buds aren't super big, I'm not sure what I can do to improve size. I'm already adding power bloom every other week. Any advice would be appreciated!

Anyways, here are some pics. About 6 weeks into flowering stage and they're looking really frosty! They're so sticky and fragrant. Patience is usually a strength of mine but waiting for these to cure properly is going to be a real test of that!
    Attached Files

Good looking plants. It's difficult to offer advice on bud size without some background info. Strain, soil, light, auto or photo, age, stuff like that would go a long way in being able offer any tips for your next grow. From your pics things are looking right. Sometimes I will include my hand behind plants to give some perspective on size.

Comment

Looking good and healthy. I’d focus more on training to a even, level canopy than worrying about nutes to increase bud size. Strain genetics, plant training and lighting is my focus. Plants can only use so much nutrients so I just use enough to keep them healthy and robust.

Comment

Do some research for your next grow - buy quality seeds.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Nice looking plants. Whatever you do, don't harvest too early.

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
            KrimNL10DenZ commented
            Editing a comment
            This is what I'm worried about myself. I've read the tutorial on here... make sure white hairs have gotten darker and turn in towards the bud. Trichomes need to be white, not clear, for maximum THC yield. Those seem to be the 2 common must have.

The problem is, to me, these trichomes look white already. I dont have a loop or anything like that. Best I can do at the moment is zoom all the way in with my phone. I can see the individual trichomes, and they look white to me, but the majority of the hairs are still white. My gut says wait for those hairs to turn, but I also dont want the trichomes t go amber on me.

A few of the smaller buds have started to turn in terms of hair color. Three of them have about 50% of their hairs turned dark and you can start to see the shape of the bud. As a whole, 15 maybe 20% of the hairs have turned dark where the vast majority are still whiet. However, everyday I wake up they have a few more dark hairs and the buds are becoming more defined.

They've only been in flowering stage for a little more than four weeks. They only spent six weeks and vegetation as I was a little late in the season starting and either they're autoflowers or they noticed the sun getting lower in the sky and started the flower on their own. In any case they didn't have a chance to get very big before they started the flower and I think that's the primary reason why I don't have super big buds. I'm calling them popcorn buds as that's seems to be about the size of the majority of them. In any case I think I'm just going to wait for the hairs to turn dark and probably Harvest as I'm pretty sure the trichomes are white which is why they look so frosty in the pictures.

This is about as close of a zoom I can get.

Do these look white enough to harvest, assuming the hairs have turned?

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope they are not close to being ready for my harvest.

KrimNL10DenZ , don't look at the leaves. You want to look at the trichome on the buds not the leaves. I want all my trichomes to be milky with a few trichomes amber. However that is a personal thing. As you get more experienced in growing, you find your own favorite. A lot of folks like a combination of both. Amber trichomes ain't bad, they just lean toward couch lock (sleepy) effect. I would suggest you buy a Jewelers loop about 30-50x power. That is the best way to tell, and in case you get bugs you will be able to see them as well. In some plants white pestills (white hair) will always be there. Just look at the trichomes ON THE BUDS, not the leaves.
          Last edited by kingfish; 10-10-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Not close. Wait it out. Leaves will show amber first but wait until you've got enough amber for your taste on the buds themselves. It's tough to do on your early grows but, when you think they're ready, wait another week.
            Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X