Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I remove some leaves? (First grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I remove some leaves? (First grow)

I gave my plants a heavy pruning and super-cropped 2 weeks ago and turned them over to flowering a week after.... my plant seems to have grown back with a vengeance.

I keep coming across pictures of pretty bare plants with fat buds.... should I start pruning or leave it to take over my bedroom. Is there any benefit either way?

p.s. I know a few leaves are burnt, got a fan on it now.
    Attached Files
    90x90 grow tent
    1000w Mars Hydro LED unit
    600w HPS with Cool Tube
    600w LUMii BLACK Dimmable Digital Ballast
    100mm RAM Carbon Filter

Smart Pots
    Bio-Bizz All Mix with Pearlite
    Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom, Fish Mix & Top-Max

15 views no one says anything LOL well i sure can't crawl under that scrog now. All i ever did was weave the bud sites threw the squares never defoliated what i can remember. Sorry not a scrog lover at all, hopefully someone who is can tell ya.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Autos or photos?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Personally I would thin that plant out some and remove the net. That plants way too tall for a ScrOG. You have a lot of undergrowth with budlets already formed, a ScrOG with your plant that tall is going to prevent all that lower growth from getting any light.
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-08-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I love bushy plants because of the tremendous yield they provide. Let me preface by saying I grow outdoors, so my experience is limited to that. They are a good deal more work than sparsely vegetated plants. I will most often do some LST during veg and then start thinning once they show flower sites and then do a bit more training to encourage those sites. The strain of plant will usually dictate whether you'll have spear-like colas or individual buds but the key is to give them the opportunity to receive as much light as possible.

Comment

I'm not what I'd call an experienced grower. So is this the first week after switching? I'm in a similar situation atm, I'm in 3rd week after switch and they have gone mental!!..(when I had some problems with "praying" last week, someone suggested that my plants needed a bit of trimming-I agreed but- My gut feeling was that I wanted to wait till 3rd week till bud sites had started forming before I gave them a good haircut to expose all new sites to light!! 😊)
            When I first read about scrogging, I was like "Yes!!" I so want to try.. maybe one day as it is more work than I already am currently doing.
            Good on you!! Keep asking questions and Good Luck!!

Comment

by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

Check this article out. It clearly explains why you need to defoliate, when to do so and how. Also anyone who says a ScrOG is more work doesn’t know what they’re doing. It’s really simple. Grow 5 nodes then top you plant and LST everything down and keep
              it growing low and wide. After that I wait until everything growing out has atleast 5 nodes then I top to 4th nodes and keep growing the plant wide. Now this is where my way is different than anything I’ve read on ScrOGing so far. Once the plant is the size I want I flip to 12/12 and let it grow out 1wk then I defoliate and put my screen down. After that I keep the plant growing UNDER the screen (none of that weaving in and out bullshit) and I keep moving the branches as they grow out to manipulate them until there are colas underneath every hole in the screen. After that it’s cruise control until harvest. I also took a old water hose and cut a 4ft length so I can lay it on the soil and easily water. My preferred method, always gets me the best looking buds overall. The only downfall is it limits the amount of plants you can fit in your tent bc they’re growing out not up.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X