Strain for Huge Buds and Colas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strain for Huge Buds and Colas

I have no trouble growing weed that is potent and in sufficient quantity. However, I have never been able to grow these dense huge buds or giant Colas I grow indoors, in soil. Is there a particular strain that will produce these results or a specific technique that I am missing? I grow for fun as well as results and always like to learn new techniques.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Big Bud, Critical, anything with strong skunk heritage does well. If you want the biggest cola you can get then don't top it and take off the lowest 1-2 pairs of branches so she focuses only on her top half, make sure to keep the fan on and moving air through that donkey. There are a couple more things you can do depending on the situation but this is quick, easy and basic that would work for anyone focused on a giant cola. If you listen to one thing I said, make sure it's the fan or you'll be sorry when you do get massive colas my friend.

Comment

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Took the strains right out of my mouth. Great choices

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Critical for sure. I’ve grown it twice in a row with huge dense nugs both times

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Concur on the skunk, i have a critical that grows twice as fast during Veg than my gsc line. It makes huge fat colas prone to mold

One of the most important aspects of growing big fat buds and colas is choosing the right strain. Some of the best candidates I have personally grown are White Widow, Chronic, Wedding Cake, GG4, and Northern Lights. I have never grown Big Bud but have heard its name serves it well. Amnesia Haze is one that develops ridiculous colas.

Comment

I have no experience with it myself but I've seen some monster buds come from Wonder Woman if you can find seeds.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Northern lights is a good bud producer.
        Critical for sure is a good one too.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I have just started my very first grow and picked Northern Lights x Big Buds and they are supposed to be able to deliver buds the size of beer cans, check out a few YouTube videos of them.
          I'm under no illusion that I'll get that giant buds the first time growing but it is kinda cool to know that the potential is there.

Comment

Critical for sure. But some of my best yielders were Panama Red and Afghan Kush.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

The strain that's given me the largest consistent buds with great yields has been Blue Dream. I heavily top and fim and try for an even canopy, not 1 or 2 huge colas, but BD gives me the most consistent results.
              Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                I intentionally left that one out. I grow Blue Dream Haze as well and while BD is one of the best yielders you can find, it doesn't tend to produce huge colas, especially indoors.

Originally posted by Gluteous View Post
              The strain that's given me the largest consistent buds with great yields has been Blue Dream. I heavily top and fim and try for an even canopy, not 1 or 2 huge colas, but BD gives me the most consistent results.
              That one does put out. Good call, I didn't even think of that one when trying to come up with some recommendations.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X