No announcement yet.

Day 33 from Seed. Do I start Nutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Day 33 from Seed. Do I start Nutes?

Day 33 from seed. Well into veg stage. They are in Ocean Forest soil and I haven’t added nutes yet. I have FF Grow Big, should I add that next watering? I also have the buds and blooms nutes but I don’t see signs of flowering yet.

Can't see any leaf coloring except purple but I say feed em! FFoF has some food in it but when I use it I'm feeding by now. Use the liquid nutes per the FF feeding schedule starting at half-strength and adjust if needed.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Is it photo or auto? With photos I will wait until the plant shows it needs to be fed but with an auto you can feed early in anticipation of it's needs.

Comment

Thats generally the time I start feeding when using FFOF as well. I used the Grow Big, a cal/mag supplement and Super Thrive during the veg phase.

Comment

My clear opinion is. If the plant is not showing any deficiencies- it’s thriving. Then I would not feed it.
          I went 10 weeks in a veg period without any kind of veg nutes. Maybe not the same soil, my soil are a lot more cheap and standard.

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

So we have to guess that it's a auto as you mention no signs of flowering yet? If plants are growing healthy and strong and are green. I don't add anything unless i see yellowing from lack of nitro. When they bloom then add bloom if you choose to do so. I do very conservative feedings.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

So day 35 I have white pistils! I had a nitrogen deficiency as you can see on the updated photos, so I flushed with 6 ph water until the runoff was 6.0. Going to spray the affected leaves with some chelate and mix into the soil some Urea, all at the next watering. So next watering, I’ll flush until runoff is 6.0, mix up my blooming nutrients and then ph it at 6.0, give it to the plants and then treat with adding the urea and then the chelate on the leaves. I now have proper drainage on them as I have raised them off the ground with grates. The runoff was 5.0 initially so that was causing the nutrient lockout of nitrogen. I’m glad I caught it fast. Yes these are auto flower fem seeds- Gorilla Skittlez and Purple Punch. I also did some pruning of the fan leaves to get more light penetration.

Comment

Good stuff. Do be careful with urea, it can be very hot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X