• Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 week old hydro transplant for mother plant

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2907.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	457066 Hello growers, I have an Obama Kush plant that I started in a tent using 5 gals Hydro bucket setup under Mars 250 led grow light with an air compressor that providing more than enough oxygen to the airstone. The plant developed a terrible case of root rot after 5 weeks of beautiful growth so, I removed it, treated, and repotted the plant in soil. Two weeks have passed with the pre-blooms getting larger, but no new leaf growth. The plant has never been in the dark for more than 6 hrs. and I was hoping to get clones as a mother plant. Any suggestions or ideas of where the plant is in the veg cycle would be appreciated.

Comment

More than likely you're not getting any new leaf growth because of the transplant shock and because it is in flower now. I have no idea why a plant would begin flower with only 6 hours darkness unless it's an auto. If it is an auto there's no sense in cloning. Very pretty plant.

Comment

• bumper55
        bumper55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response, the strain is only available in photoperiod so I thought it was safe. I think you're probably correct as possibly an auto flower, given that the plant began the blooming cycle in less than 5 weeks

An auto does seem likely.

Light intensity would have to drop significantly and the dark hours would have to be changed pretty wide if a photoperiod just decided to flower like that. Doesn't seem likely to me.

What was the light schedule when it was in the hydro set-up? Are you still using the same light?

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        With the insane number of basement breeders and rival companies all vying for that next "super" strain, the cannabis gene pool is getting really muddied in recent years. Even in the best conditions seeds are a crap-shoot. Recessive genes will always surface. Experience has shown me that 2 seeds from the very same bud can show clear and significant differences. It is completely plausible that somewhere down the line, Bumper's seed was sporting some Ruderalis genes in it's lineage that came through. Luckily for us there are some forward looking breeders who are preserving some of the old school strains for posterity. Don't get me wrong, I think breeding is a great thing but left unchecked we may end up with a lot of mud that becomes unmanageable for breeding purposes and we will end up relying on only clones. Okay, rant over. .

The light is a new one and the first one that I'm happy with. I started the light cycle 12/12 until I got a sprout and went to 18/6 until the problem with rot started. Rot is a real problem in Southern California as temperatures are rising and hot periods are increasing. It's the reason the rot took hold within 2 days. I'm sterilizing all with a bleach solution using boiled water before starting a grow. I have always used Hydroguard but I will be adding hydrogen peroxide treatments with Maintainance from now on. On the issue of the seeds, I would like to know if you've ever used a company called Kush? I was happy with the ease of transaction but this seed question is giving me hesitation.
      Attached Files

Comment

Never heard of them, but I've never ordered seeds online before.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X