Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Grow set up

Old School smoker Newbie Grower.

Little back ground been around growing all my life flowers, gardering, lawn care stuff. Mom and Dad had their own Nursery/Green House. So I’m pretty good with that kind of stuff

So I been doing alot of research online YouTube video GWE site for awhile also did couple of practice runs growing some off the wall stuff that had a few seeds it (outside grow) Not great weed but it is what I had if it did ok great it if died oh well.

Turned out pretty well really pleased that it turned out as well as it did. Got about 3 1/2 oz from 2 plants. Smoked pretty good for what it was tasted pretty good as well. I followed the directions from the site lol.

Now I’m wanting to take the next step.
    Asking for thoughts on my grow set up it’s only a starter kit and Im sure it will change as I learn more.

Is it okay, canI grow and reap the reward of 3 or 4 plants in my space?
    1. 36x36x72 grow tent.
    2. 1200 watt Full spectrum LED.
    3. 6'' Inline Fan Air Carbon Filter Ventilation Systemsoil.
    4. Top notice seeds from MSNL
    5. 3 gal pots
    6. Maybe 4 plants per grow?
    Sorry for any typos misspells and forget punctuation... Thanks

I've found that most of the girls I grow take up about 2 sq ft of floor space.
    I use a 3x3 flood/drain table in my pheno tent and while you could cram 4 plants into that space, it really works better with two.
    You didn't mention the media you're growing in, but if it's soil a 3 gal is pretty small.
    Genetics makes the biggest difference in grow success, so get the best you can find.
    The fan should be fine and I'd suggest a small fan to promote leaf movement as they grow.
    Lighting a 3x3 needs about 450 watts of HID, although some have good results with a 315 CMH.
    Led power requirements depend on the efficiency of the diodes used in the fixture.
    Older-tech 'blurple' leds will also need to run at the 50 watts/ sq ft power density.
    If you use current-tech diodes like those used in quantum boards, you will achieve the same light intensity at 30 watts/ sq ft.
    That means an older led fixture needs to consume at least 450 watts of power from the wall and top-tier diodes will do the same at 270 watts.
    Look at the specs on the fixture and see if it tells you how much power it actually uses, not the imaginary max power rating.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hello and welcome to GWE great thoughts grow here LOL. Did it say what watt from the wall that lamp pulls? Hopefully at least 200watts from the wall. When i first did my very first indoor grow i grew 1 plant next 2 grows 2 plants. I see you have garden skills HUGE plus and you pulled off a random grow great job. Don't use soil that feeds " plant for 3 months " like the miracle kind, they start out good but nose dive mid grow. Just use light fluffy coco mixed soils, like your folks use for seedlings lots of perlite. I use 3 gal. for photos if i grow 4 at a time but 5gal. is more forgiving water wise not so frequent but no biggie. Me i would only do 2 at the most if they are photoperiod. I'm gonna let others chime in but you got most things covered it's the lights true wattage that's key.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Awesome Thanks... The media is Fox Farms soil. That's what I used in my test outdoor grow worked well for what I had to work with seed wise..
        can't wait to get my seeds in and start the process and what I can do with it.

Comment

So my LED light is 240w spider light.. for a 36x36x72.
          Last edited by DHART; 10-07-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            That is great for 2 maybe 3 photoperiod for strong growth good lighting is #1. You could run 4 autos in 3gal. Got any ideas for strain? or auto vs photo? These make difference in height.

ok cool I can work with 2 at a time... I was told no matter what size tent I went with it was too small lol. Trying to be on the down low only growing for me and my gal and enjoying the process and save money in the long run..

I have a few seeds ordered waiting for them to come in plus the free seeds I will work in hopefully.

CARAMELICIOUS FEMINIZED
          GIRL SCOUT COOKIES FEMINIZED
          GORILLA GLUE FEMINIZED

Last edited by DHART; 10-07-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh boy i got 3 in my 4x4 of photo GSC ( girl scout cookie ) Those don't get huge and easy growing i love the smoke.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X