No announcement yet.

What really makes the difference in how different strains affect us? HARVEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really makes the difference in how different strains affect us? HARVEST

I just read a couple of articles--The Indica vs. Sativa Distinction Isn’t Real-- and New Research Shows All Marijuana Strains Basically The Same--, and I am more convinced than ever that, aside from obvious differences in strains with high CBD content, the most important issue in determining the high is..... drumroll....no real surprise here....
    when the bud is harvested.

What I'm saying is that I believe that all things being equal, the plants were grown in very good conditions in the right environment, there were no ailments or pH issues that caused a bump in the grow road, the type of high the bud gives depends primarily on when it's harvested. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but any strain grown until the late end of harvest or beyond, will have a lot of CBN from degraded THC, and will produce couch lock. And any Indica that's harvested to early will produce the racey high.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Main active is still THC, different strains will for sure contain different mix of other active substances, but THC is often too overwhelming, to notice others. Smell/taste on the other hand is noticeable with different strains.

Comment

alltatup you know I've been wondering about this for a very long time. I pretty much only like growing indica. Hell except for the original stuff most strains are hybrids anymore anyway. When I harvest I actually keep my buds separate, as we all know some buds ripen before others so I let the more advanced ones get around 30-60% ambers and I keep them together separate from the ones with less. Which gives me some for days and some for nights.

so yes sir there is definitely something to what you are saying 4sure ??
      I would like to check out the articles if you kept the links.
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just click on the titles! ;-}

I'm learning as I go, harvested some Seedsman Cheese today. From my previous, initial introduction to Cannabis, I simply believed what I was told. Now we have LOTS MORE UNFILTERED INFORMATION to sort through and we're (the scientific community) are still playing catch up from prohibition.
      My growing experience is such I can only speculate on the differences between strains. I am fairly excited about how they're isolating terpenes and such.

I do agree that fundamentally, maturing the plants for more amber/cbn probably contributes a significant amount of the body/sleepy effect. My Sativa Alaskan Purple hybrid definitely enhances the quality of my sleep. I feel exceptionally rested nowadays, after decades of restless sleep. I hope they do more studies, because I'm pretty certain Cannabis will provide answers.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        In a sense, I think we're all medicinal users and we know what helps for this or that. I've got all the proof that I need from vaping homegrown for four years now: my own Cannabis has been consistenly more medicinal than anything I bought before I started growing.

From the comments, this seems to focus on cannabinoids.

I think terpenes make a big difference as well. Chemovars is the term scientists are leaning to instead of the traditional indica, sativa, hybrid jazz. Chemovars are also the route big business is going about when trying to apply for patents on strains, which they are classifying as their own intellectual property.

Comment

I read the same article from Dutch passion.
        And I’m convinced to.

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Gosh it's good to see ya here alltatup . I read the same article that you stated. I do believe that environment, good water and light are key. I like CBN for that effect under stress or in pain it dulls the ache for me. All i can say is i do think the harvest timing is huge for affect. The cure is another realm of affect. I'm going to do a test of my own with my outdoor and indoor same strains all GSC photos. Letting both go amber to some degree with cloudy. Once they are cured i want to see if the outdoor has the same or close to the same potency and tastes. I am gonna write down on the labels dates of when they are jarred ( i do that anyway ).
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X