Nepal Hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepal Hash

Yes it's homemade hash from my Nepal Jam buds... I'm using the old ways of making kief like they do in the Middle East (Lebanon style,dry sieve) well from what I read on the web and from my old books. Doing it for several years now and it's a good way to preserve your concentrate for a few years. And yes I do dry, cure and age my hash after pressing my kief into hash.

Here is a good reading about it:

Traditions are the reflection of the power of human observation and the corner stone of evolution, those that stand the test of time should be evaluated scientifically to show that the custom is in fact more than just old meaningless rituals
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Very nice ​​​​​​
    I have a bit of a dream for the future about making my own Red Afghan hash....

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope your dream will come sooner...

Hi Farmbuck, How do you press your hash? I'm guessing your not using any sort of rosin press going by the shape and texture yours has.
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm i don't think i've seen a method using boiling water but to be fair i've not looked into it that deep. What does the boiling water do? and do you cure it? If so how? I've seen vids of it cured in a fridge which was new to me. Sorry for all the questions it's just i've been exploring options on what to do with the trim as i'm not expecting a great yield and want to make the most of what i do get. Been debating whether to invest in some screens or not to use to remove the trichomes from the trim. Damn i have so much to learn besides the growing part.

I saw your pics of the Nepal bud btw both it and the hash look rather tasty.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      buds73 the boiling water is to make a paste from the dry kief. I saw a video several yrs ago of an Afghan pouring hot tea in his kief and roll it to make a smooth paste, As for me I use a press to do the "paste" it work for me and I like the result, not as fancy or industrial kind but it's my making.

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh i see. Doesn't have to be fancy as long as you get the result you want and the fact you can smoke it and say "i made that" has got to be a bonus.
      That Frenchy style looks like a nice easy place to start for me, hadn't thought about pressing with hot water in a bottle.

Howdy Farmbuck, Looks very tasty, And it doesn't even need chocolate sauce on it!!! LOL!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonsoir DW2, loll better yet with a good red Bordeaux or a good Bourbon. Need to cure it for a few months but then my Afghan hash is ready now..! It remind me of the old black afghan of the 70's but more potent.

Thanks Farmbuck I bookmarked the page & will read it when I'm less fuddled. In the meantime- Is this a hash you can burn on a pin with a small glass? 🙏🤞🙏🤞

Comment

While it's too late for me to switch to your preferred method, I may try it on my next crop. I've been LUSTING for some good, old fashioned tasty hash for years now. I am definitely interested in a "years-long" storage solution, to tide me over in lean times.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Great article Farmbuck.
        Always wondered how they made their hash.
        I know some beat the sundried plants against screen collect the kief that way. In Nepal they make what I found out is called Charas where they hand rub live plants and then scrap, peel the resin off and form balls or cigar shapped blackish brown hash. it is also cured most of the time.
        Labour intensive but so good.

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Now THAT process sounds like what would make the stuff I keep askin about. .....On a pin etc....

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          To me Frenchy Cannoli is the modern guru of hash. Like I was saying I'm using the sieve technique and improving it my way. I'm proud that after 2 yrs I was able to make Afghan hash the old fashion way. It's kind of a gold brown colour from the outside and creamy beige from the inside. Is it potent ? I would say yes with no hesitation, wife took a hit from the bowl and fell off sleeping in no time lolll , not the kind for the morning loll more for the type like me who is having trouble sleeping.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          JDU the Afghan hash I'm curing is more for a pipe, a joint but better yet a bowl. It will be interesting to see with my Nepal since it's more soft kinda like a paste type of hash. Time will tell hey ?

great article, answered some questions that were running through my brain. Thanks

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I'm glad you like the reading..!

I was looking at grinders earlier and came across this one ---> https://www.grasscity.co.uk/aluminum...-page-product1
        3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
        Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
        Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
        Couple of fans for airflow
        First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
        Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
        Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Wife say better go with the stainless steel kind, it's better for your health loll Less toxic than aluminium... Never argue with the wife lolll As for me well I'm using a coffee grinder to do my kief (first stage in making the old classic hash of the past) it does what I need for my preparation of making hash.

• buds73
          buds73 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that agreeing with the wife is also better for your health lol so I'll agree with yours and look for stainless steel.

Sure looks tasty Farmbuck!
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X