Dry/cure process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Dry/cure process

Looking for top 5 tips to dry/cure my first harvest anybody help us out??

Paddylarsson67 hey there and welcome to the forum! Check out this article:
    This tutorial teaches you the best way to dry and cure cannabis buds after harvest, which greatly increases bud quality. Quality drying/curing ensures the best smelling, most dense and highest potency marijuana buds!

Should give you everything you need to know!

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Count that as the first 4 😂

Hey Paddy, here are my top five, based on reading, re-reading and re-re-reading the tutorials:
    1. Slow dry colas after harvest. It's ideal not to have to cut buds off the stalks and let big stalks take around 5-7 days drying.
    2. 50% humidity, 70F temp in a darkened room with good air circulation.
    3. This one took me a long time to get the hang of: Don't jar buds until the littlest twigs snap; buds should feel COMPLETELY dry on the outside. After I mastered that, I didn't need to depend as much hygrometers in jars.
    4. Store jars around 60% humidity, below 70F temp in a dark place.
    5. Cheap hygrometers are a waste of money; Caliber IV hygrometer is the only one I'll use. They last a couple of years, around $20-some bucks a pop.
    6. I'm adding an extra free tip: try not to smoke it all before it has cured for 3 months. You won't believe the beautiful differences.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Howdy Paddylarsson67, Here is the way that I dry and cure my buds from my own experience;
    !. remove all fan leaves from stems and any leaf, with three fingers (or more) from the buds. Leave the sugar leaves on the buds.
    2. Hang them up to dry until the buds are slightly 'crispy' but still a little springy. (if this becomes too technical, let me know! lol!).
    3. Place in air tight glass jars (I use the eight ounce 'jelly' jar size to prevent mold from ruining an entire quart batch) I also keep the jars in the refrigerator (at 42° F) to further protect them from molds.
    4. Fro the first month, I 'burp' (open them for fresh O2) twice a week and then only once a month after that. Opening up the jars too much only increases the chance the spores can get to the bud.
    It does take a little longer to cure in the fridge but , over all, I think that it is worth it.
    I hope that this helps You out.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

squeeze buds every day during drying and smell jars everyday during curing

Comment

I do things a little differently. I trim off my buds directly after harvest and place the green buds on an old window screen. I do the same with all the trimmings that have THC. After drying, I place them in labeled jars and let them cure for at least two weeks, usually longer. You can try some of the uncured bud immediately to obtain a comparison with the cured bud.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol love to read the oldschool methods not to many times do I hear window screens on here... just watch out for the fiberglass ones it's a little ruff on the lungs

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X