Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Too much light??

MY PLANTS ARE PRAYING!!!!
    Anyone have any advice, I have no pic's atm, can get some tomorrow if it'd help..
    As I've said, my plants are "Praying". Its disturbing because I've put up the lights and positioned plants around and between the lights so they're not directly underneath the light. ????
    They aren't showing any discoloration in leaves but?!?...
    Why are they still "praying"!! (Maybe over the last 5 days I have been positioning plants and changed light heights..)
    (2 X 600HPS lights over 10 babies in a tent 😊)

CONTINUED with pics now.. 😁
    The 1st 3 pic's are of the 2 "Extra Religious" plants of mine, the 4th pic is a pic of what the other's are doing in the same space.. The last picture I took was because I feel that the leaves on this plant turning down at the tips is a ??
    (Last day of 2nd week post 12/12 switch)

P.s. I very much appreciate those that have given advice. As a Newby grower, I lack confidence which no doubt with more Grow time under my belt will increase... I have made errors with my plant training but am hopeful that I will learn from each and every mistake I make.. 😄

Cheers all!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TenX2; 10-01-2020, 09:35 PM.

Pictures would help. How high are your lights above the canopy? You may actually need to lower them.

Comment

• TenX2
      TenX2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really?! You think lowering lights would be beneficial?
      Yes, will post pics tomorrow.. Lights are at or above recommended height.. (will get an accurate measure too)
      I'm a newby, this is my 4th grow and this is the my first experience with "praying"!
      Thank you so much for you're input, much appreciated..😊

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time. Praying leaves from what I usually see comes from not having enough light so they look like they're actually reaching for it, or praying. Try dropping your light a few inches at a time and give it a few hours to see if they flatten out. The recommendations are really just a starting point anyway. You still have to fine tune your lighting, so to speak.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      On another note, some strains also like more light than others. That could be a possibility too.

This is all really interesting..
    My first thought was Too much light, then I read a little bit more and it was it may be "The sweet spot", now it could be that they're reaching and I need to lower.. (Sheesh..!!)
    My last grow I had the lights much lower than they are now so I do believe the strain makes a difference..
    Note.... I have 2 plant's of a different strain to the other 8 they are praying and just about clapping!! 😉

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool beans love to see those gals wave sometime TenX2. Even outdoor gals wave at the sun. My GSC does first thing as sun begins to rise, but oddly my Mango strains are lower/droopy but perk up after some time in the sun and leaf rise like stretching when we wake up kinda interesting to me.

When I had praying it was due to the lights being to close.
    I backed them off and it was fine.
    This grow just the edges of leaves are curling. That's to much light or water or heat.
    Yours I would think since they are praying that the lights too close. That's what the GWE page says.
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

• TenX2
      TenX2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats what I thought too.. As I mentioned previously, I have 2 strains(unknown 😬), and 2 of my plants are behaving quite differently..I gotsome pic's today so as soon as I figure out how to upload them you can have a looksie at my problem..
      Cheers for advice!!

TenX2 , your plants look fine. Don't change a thing. Mine do that all the time. I look at it as being healthy. you could trim some of the bottom leaves to get some light to the bottom part of the plant.
    Last edited by kingfish; 10-02-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

kingfish... I know I could've done alot more trimming but I erred to the side of caution because I still lack that complete confidence of an experienced grower. I was and am going to give them a good haircut this week..
      I am leaning towards your advice because other than the excessive 'worshipping, the leaves aren't showing any other symptoms.. I'm able to keep an eye on them daily so am just being Super Aware..(fingers crossed..😄)
      Thanks for for advising!!
      Much appreciated

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X