lollipopping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lollipopping question

Hi, I am growing some autoflowers and I am trying to lollipop them but I don't know if I am doing it correctly. I cut all the lower growth and growth branches and stubs and strip it clean down lower but it keeps producing more small bud sites lower down. It is starting to get closer to finishing I believe and no matter what if I keep cutting off the stubs at the bottom I seem to get new ones in a couple days. I was wondering is that normal and you should leave them alone or should you keep cutting them off when they appear so it isn't wasting energy on new tiny bud sites lower down? Also is there a way to make it so they won't grow back and just stay stripped?

Pictures ....
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

If you rub the stems smooth with your fingers it should stop the new growth.

Comment

thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try that. I will upload photos when I get a chance.

Comment

Doesn't sound like you are cutting them in the right place. Once a branch is chopped it should not come back, but if you are going after little starts and accidentally FIM it instead of top it (to use common words usually associated with the main meristem) then you will get new growth from that area.

Comment

Let them grow a bit of stem then rub them smooth. The stem should snap and heal over preventing growth in that area

Comment

When I lollipop, my goal is to open up the bottom of the canopy.
              I remove tertiary 'sucker' branches and excess foliage to allow better airflow.
              Pics will help with suggestions on training.
              WHAT???
              5x5 grow space
              900w of Vero's and F-strips
              4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Is he talking super cropping or lollipoping ?
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X