AC or no AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC or no AC

Question I have 12x8 grow room with eight bery white plants last ​​​​ grow I kept the lights on temperature around 76 to 77 and humidity around 55 to 60%, most of flowering and I had a lot of coloring and frosting up towards the end. My question is should I use my AC and try to mimic the weather outside and cool it down some the last couple weeks of flowering It is starting at 7th week now and I can get the temperatures down from 78 to 72 no problem with lights on and with lights off it can get down to around 66 67. Everywhere I've read as far as grow information from the normal websites says that berry white does great with humidity and temperatures and outdoors it thrives in warmer dry climate closer to 80°. So I figured indoors would be similar if you could make it that way. Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with this and mimicking the last couple weeks going into fall and if it helps with frosting up or not.

I say, The cooler the better during the last weeks of flower. Well, I don't mean down to 60F or anything like that, but cooler temps encourage trichome production. Your strain is 70% Indica, so it should love the cooler temps.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The top 3 things that effect quality/thc production; genetics, lights temp/humidity....like alltatup said you don’t want temps too low but if you can keep temp 65-75 and humidity below 50 you’ll notice a huge difference in how much frostier the buds get. Another thing I’ve done the last couple grows was raise my lights up in wk6 until they’re done. I read that in a article on here and it works. Raise those lights snd the frosty tops nearly doubles in in trichome production

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        bboyfromwayback Now that is some interesting info about less light in the last few weeks, and it makes sense regarding mimicking autumnal conditios!! I am going to try it on current grow. Thanks, bro!!!!

Okay thank you I appreciate the advice my RH does raise when my lights are off not too much but enough to where I can probably turn the AC on to bring it down just a few degrees and take out some of the humidity. I just know that if you get cooler towards the end and raise your lights it's supposed to help with the density of the nugs. But I did not want to do a disservice and freezer out a week before they're done lol

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried the cheapo small dehumidifiers when I first began growing, but discovered they don't do shit, so I invested in a Frigidaire 32 pint one. It goes on sometime after I switch to 12/12 and stays on for the rest of flower. I live in a particularly humid region, and it's the only way to get through flower without any concerns about mildew or bud rot.

Raising the lights doesn’t help the buds thicken I increases trichome production. That’s why you want to wait until end of wk 6 or 7 when the buds aren’t growing much more and are really just maturing. It’s pretty much the same concept as a couple days of darkness before harvest. Wish I’d saved the article. Last grow at the end of wk6 I raised the lights to 24” above the canopy, I had some colas as close as 11”. Next day the tops were frosty as hell so next grow I tried it with same results.

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Forgot to ask- end of week six? I was planning on giving really light nutes till the end of week 7. Half strength basically half the time. Used the molasses on my outdoor, but have nothing to compare it to.

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s just something I started doing and it definitely works at getting all the chemicals out bc by the time they’re ready just about all the leaves are spent and dead. However I read a article yesterday by Nebula where she said to keep leaves green as long as possible bc it makes your buds prettier instead of having brown leaves in your bud. I have to agree with her on that one. Buds aren’t as pretty but ready to smoke sooner

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        So many variables, it’s fascinating

Hi there, Sounds like you have a really nice grow room complete with humidity and temp control. I'm working towards the same but am having trouble working out the A/C installation. The obvious choice is to punch a window opening in my exterior wall and use a window mount A/C unit. Is that the approach you used? My dehumidifier was a gawd-send during the humid summer, but they produce heated output air hence the need for A/C.

Regards,

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I think this is for hydroponics and soil but it is like some master growing techniques and that is one of the option is to raise the lights towards the end to mimic the outdoor sun and it's supposed to harden up the nugs and frost them up If you read through it you'll get to the part I'm talking about pretty helpful though. GreenCoast Hydroponics-IS-GROW-0701-Advanced Growing Methods.pdf

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the article, that’s a good read! I’ve been raising the lights after week 6 but not the way they say to do it. I’ve been going from right above the canopy to one big jump up in height. Next grow I’m going to do it this way and see how that goes 👍🏻

Raising the lights a little bit at a time seems to be helping out aww the fall colors are here

Comment

• lalaland
          lalaland commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X