• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful!!

• Freshlybaked
    replied
    Raising the lights a little bit at a time seems to be helping out aww the fall colors are here

Leave a comment:

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    So many variables, it’s fascinating

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    That’s just something I started doing and it definitely works at getting all the chemicals out bc by the time they’re ready just about all the leaves are spent and dead. However I read a article yesterday by Nebula where she said to keep leaves green as long as possible bc it makes your buds prettier instead of having brown leaves in your bud. I have to agree with her on that one. Buds aren’t as pretty but ready to smoke sooner

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    Forgot to ask- end of week six? I was planning on giving really light nutes till the end of week 7. Half strength basically half the time. Used the molasses on my outdoor, but have nothing to compare it to.

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    You just gave me an experiment to conduct 😂
    I only needed another inch or 2 of height, yet raised all 4 LEDs by 4 inches, because I would have to modify the hanging assemblies in order to do anything different.
    I’m gonna modify 2 of them today so I can lower them back to the height my girls will accept 😂 28-30 inches... frickin cheap LEDS!
    Then I’ll have one screen at optimal and one with higher lights, so we can see if the difference is as obvious as you’re thinking it is. I ♥️Science.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the article, that’s a good read! I’ve been raising the lights after week 6 but not the way they say to do it. I’ve been going from right above the canopy to one big jump up in height. Next grow I’m going to do it this way and see how that goes 👍🏻

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks to GWE! I only passed along the info lol.....crazy though huh? I was hoping somebody else would try it with good results to help confirm the results. I’ve done it the last 2 grows and I wait until the leaves start dying off so I know the plants done growing and both times the trichomes really came out. Almost double frostiness overnight. Another tid bit I’ve tried is from week 6 on all they get is ph’d water with molasses, no measured amount but probably close to 2 tbsp a gallon if I had to guess. But I been giving them molasses every watering from wk6 till harvest and the buds are cured within a week. I’ve done this with several strains, same results. Within a week there’s no fresh smell when you open the jars and the smoke is smooth.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-13-2020, 09:29 AM.

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    That’s really interesting!! Shit, something new to learn every day. I raised my LEDS by 4 inches about a week ago. I was at the max height of my pulleys, and That was the distance between the pulley carabiner and the carabiner on the light assembly. 3 of the 4 strains have gone crazy frosty since then, actually allowing me to tell the difference between a couple of strains that I wasn’t entirely sure on.
    Thanks Bboy!

• Freshlybaked
    replied
    I think this is for hydroponics and soil but it is like some master growing techniques and that is one of the option is to raise the lights towards the end to mimic the outdoor sun and it's supposed to harden up the nugs and frost them up If you read through it you'll get to the part I'm talking about pretty helpful though. GreenCoast Hydroponics-IS-GROW-0701-Advanced Growing Methods.pdf

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    replied
    Hi there, Sounds like you have a really nice grow room complete with humidity and temp control. I'm working towards the same but am having trouble working out the A/C installation. The obvious choice is to punch a window opening in my exterior wall and use a window mount A/C unit. Is that the approach you used? My dehumidifier was a gawd-send during the humid summer, but they produce heated output air hence the need for A/C.

Regards,

-Grouchy

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    Raising the lights doesn’t help the buds thicken I increases trichome production. That’s why you want to wait until end of wk 6 or 7 when the buds aren’t growing much more and are really just maturing. It’s pretty much the same concept as a couple days of darkness before harvest. Wish I’d saved the article. Last grow at the end of wk6 I raised the lights to 24” above the canopy, I had some colas as close as 11”. Next day the tops were frosty as hell so next grow I tried it with same results.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I tried the cheapo small dehumidifiers when I first began growing, but discovered they don't do shit, so I invested in a Frigidaire 32 pint one. It goes on sometime after I switch to 12/12 and stays on for the rest of flower. I live in a particularly humid region, and it's the only way to get through flower without any concerns about mildew or bud rot.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    bboyfromwayback Now that is some interesting info about less light in the last few weeks, and it makes sense regarding mimicking autumnal conditios!! I am going to try it on current grow. Thanks, bro!!!!

• Freshlybaked
    replied
    Okay thank you I appreciate the advice my RH does raise when my lights are off not too much but enough to where I can probably turn the AC on to bring it down just a few degrees and take out some of the humidity. I just know that if you get cooler towards the end and raise your lights it's supposed to help with the density of the nugs. But I did not want to do a disservice and freezer out a week before they're done lol

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X