Nute burn or potassium deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Nute burn or potassium deficiency

Hi, hope someone out there can help. Worried about leaf burn. Don't think it is heat as low down leaves are affected. Need help identifying, images of nute burn and potassium deficiency look the same!

More info about setup.
    soil or coco ?
    What is your Ph ? Soil and water etc.?
    nutrients? Which kind and how much and how often ??
    water routine ?
    size of the pot ?
    How old is the plant ? How long in flowering ?

From the pictures is looks like you have too much potassium or phosphorus to be honest. But again without any info and just 2 pictures - my answer is just as good as your own answer..

It will help a lot for us experienced growers to help others if they just supply us with the right info and enough info about the setup and environment...
    Happy growing
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks cap, inexperienced grower unfortunately. Got two moby dicks and another unknown grown from found seed. Luckily enough it's female. The burn is more on the mobys. I water every two days, 8 litre pots, in Coco. Fed with canna a b ( about 25/30 ml per L. Booster Plagron green sensation, 10ml per 10L. The area I live in tends to have slightly soft water, but nearly neutral. 5 to 6 weeks in flower. Had spider mites but THINK I have got rid ( used pyrethrum twice, maybe that's the burn?) Hope this makes sense, I'm an old boy who likes a role, not a gardener 😉👍

Comment

Lovely you are using CANNA products, I do as well.
        I know for a fact that you are following what stand on the label of the canna product right ? It looks like it.
        You didn’t tell me what the PH is when you feed ? Or do you not monitor the Ph ?
        Do you have a picture of the whole plant ? 8 liters it not much.
        If your Ph is on spot - I definitely have think you have a nute burn.
        could be the treatment as you describe, but I hardly doubt it.
        everything goes back to the PH levels in the coco and water feeding.

Well I’m a old shit veteran who loves the plant after I encountered it in Afghanistan 🤣👍🏻
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hi Captain,
          here's some photos, I don't take the PH, the water's pretty good here. Is there a way to be sure it's burn and not potassium deficiency? Brown spots might indicate K deficiency, not sure. Any more help greatly appreciated. And any idea what the tall plant is? It's really slow to flower, grew outside during veg, any ideas about that?

Comment

Hi tersky
          I have just used a pH strip indicating between 5 and 6. The water here is soft and acidic so can't see it being pH level. Lots of local growers all in agreement over pH. Thanks for your time, I'll get a proper tester

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            I ph my water for coco to 6.0 every time as that will allow for most nutrients to be absorbed by the plant. 5.0 is a little too low and wont let some nutrients to be absorbed. Check out this chart to see what ph ranges nutrients get absorbed at https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...rijuana-sm.jpg . Neutral ph is 7 which is why i thought it was off when you said it was neutral. If slightly acidic then ph may be fine. Other things that mimic deficiencies are nute lockout or root issues so it could be one of those as well. Pots look a little small for plant size and if they are root bound that can cause issues. If the leaves were at the bottom of the plant not getting a lot of light however then those can start to die off which is normal.

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh and after looking closer i do see some nute burn and possibly Nitrogen tox so you may need to cut feed a little or do some plain waterings...

Thanks all,
          I made a 5 gallon mix, but believe from not agitating the water the nutrients sunk to the bottom of container, causing nute burn. I did notice the mix looked greener as the water mix was used and got lower. Have cut back on feed, half normal at moment.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X