Looking for organic grow info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for organic grow info

HI All! I'm looking for information about organic (indoor) growing. Can anyone recommend any online forums dedicated specifically to organic growing? The forum does not need to be about cannabis. I realise that a number of my questions have to do with organic growing in general, not limited specifically to cannabis. I can apply this knowledge to gardening my vegetable garden as well. Thanks!

Hi there MaxR

I grow as organically as I can given my location, resources etc. I would like to recommend this book to you and to any grower whether you grow organically or not.

this is my go to for 90% of my questions and reference.
    well written, bar a few stoner paragraphs, and very encouraging for growing naturally - without all that nasty plastic bottled chemical nutrients.

I have just finished my wormery and next grows organic soil is almost there. You will feel, taste and see The difference.

Comment

I kinda feel like you done already found the best forum for any buzz related info & feel a little face slapped that you start out with a request for direction to another site....

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        Well then we're happy to have ya!
        Honestly I believe that there are several growers right here who can help ya & their expertise isn't limited to cannabis.
        & yer quite welcome! How did it turn out?

• MaxR
        MaxR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, JDU! Well, for starters the plants didn't die before harvest! I was sure they would. Guess that's why they call it weed! Not a huge yield - microgrow, 2 gallon pots, dwarf low flier - but nice nonetheless! Beautiful smell and nice buzz. Can't wait for crop number 2!

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        They didn't die is always a plus lol. All that counts is that you git high & save a few $ while each grow gits better!

The reference I suggested is not a website, it a book. Groweedeasy is just about the best cannabis related site out there. I was with 420Magazine when I switched to this site.

I am sorry that you feel as though I have slapped you in the face. This is not my intention to you nor to anyone on this site, and I apologize to any reader who had taken it so.

My reference to the book โ€œTrue Living Organicsโ€ is not just for MaxR; It is for all readers. This book is a great source of information for anyone growing and for those In particularl who wish to go organic.

please excuse any offence, snobbery is not my style. ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he was directing comment to OP not you. It is kinda weird he didnt ask for help here and asked for us to find him another site for him rather than looking himself. There are many people here that do organics and yet he didnt ask that question which is kinda rude IMO. But im an asshole so...Dont think it had anything to do with your response.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        No no not you Bluberrygirl lol. & I wasnt even meaning to sound harsh even though it was just as Tersky said- kinda odd to not ask us. I kinda chuckled to myself & wondered if he goes to a restaurant & asks the hostess if she knows a good place to eat hahaha.
        Last edited by JDU; 09-27-2020, 11:54 PM.

• MaxR
        MaxR commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, Tersky, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not looking for another weed forum. I like this one! I'm looking for organic gardening/growing forum resources *not exclusive to cannabis. I don't think people here want to listen to my questions about kale. Peace!

nothing about your profile pic says asshole๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚Iโ€™m after a bottle of wine so my understanding of the original post is , well , I totally misread that post .

that is a really good book.

Thank you

Comment

The KIS organics podcast is great, https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

search anything Jeff Lowenfels, Clackamas Coot, Build-a-soil or sustainable agriculture.

If your local university has an agricultural extension, they are always a tremendous resource for veggies.

No dedicated forum that I use, but I'm sure they exist.

Comment

This lady is fully organic but not something id try indoors..soil from my veg waste compost(all kinds of bugs and stuff in there) plus i put no perlite in it so its kinda like concrete..have to water from the bottom as in soak. Fresh fish shit from my pond(not a chance this stinky stuff is coming in the house) like fu&king nasty! And rain water(mosquito larvae and all). I could do this indoors but i would have a variety of bugs in the house, it would smell like a swamp, and i would have mosquitoes buzzing around the house in the winter.. nope. I'll stick to coco/perlite and good nutes for my indoor grows.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Comment

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            This made me laugh.

MaxR there is a lot of good info out there at your finger tips, just google building organic soil.

Comment

Good one homegrown I wouldn't take that shit in my house either lol. I grow inside with a product from the green sunshine co called earth dust it's a premix organic soil amendment then you top dress a couple times. This is my 1st go round with it so I don't swear by it but so far so good. Another site I found that has a similar product is KIS organics I get my potassium silicate and aloe flakes from these guys, and then I started watching some videos from the soil king. Just a couple other ideas for ya

I also think it's funny to go to a forum and ask where to find a forum probably didn't know that we're a big diverse group of growers or maybe I should say a bunch of misfits lol I know enough about you guys to know I'm not the only one here one step from bat guano crazy. Made me think about the old saying that you can't find your ass with both hands lol
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            ๐Ÿ‘‡my one n only journal๐Ÿ‘‡
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MaxR
              MaxR commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I'm not looking for another weed forum. I like this one! I'm looking for organic gardening/growing forum resources *not exclusive to cannabis. I don't think people here want to listen to my questions about kale. Peace!

• MeEasy
              MeEasy commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just making it a joke, that's what I do. Once someone pointed it out I had to dig in lol.

Check out the guys over at KIS organic they are about everything organic. They do podcasts and have a bunch of articles on growing so they might have a forum as well. I buy a few things from them but I don't know much about them... good luck on your adventure sir

• MaxR
              MaxR commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries! Thanks for the blog tip, btw. I really like the emphasis on scientific research and have picked up some vegetable gardening tips too! Good luck with your grow as well!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm sorry some of you were offended. That was not my intention. This is my go-to forum and I credit it with saving my first grow last year, so a heartfelt collective thank you to all, particularly those of you on this thread who helped me in the past ๐Ÿ™‚ !

I'll clarify and reword my original question as I was not as clear as I'd intended:

>>>I'm looking for a web forum that focuses on organic home gardening not exclusively for cannabis but garden vegetables as well.<<<

I figured that me asking about carrots and such here would not be welcome.
            Questions like: "Why did our lettuce not come up this year?" "How can I grow organic vegetables indoors during winter?" That sort of thing.

---> Organic gardening/growing forum resources not exclusive to cannabis.

I figured there are enough people in here with interest in organic farming that might have interests in growing organic food maybe as well?

I googled looking for forums and was overwhelmed by what I found and not all applied to me so thought to reach out here for tips.

Was it rude for me to ask in this forum for leads on a different forum not focused on cannabis? I didn't think so. Sorry if I was wrong.

Anyhow, no slight intended. Hopefully no hard feelings over the misunderstanding.... I'll word things more clearly next time. Thanks again for saving my first grow! Peace and thank you! โ˜ฎโœŒ๐Ÿ™‚
            Last edited by MaxR; 09-28-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• JDU
              JDU commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries & I'm sorry for bein so salty. I honestly wasn't meaning to sound mad or nothin.... just incredulous. & now I do understand what you meant. Cali has left a link to buildasoil.com more'n once- you might wanna give that a look....?

• MaxR
              MaxR commented
              Editing a comment
              No problem re: Saltiness! Sweet, Salty, the flavours of life are many.. Also:Wow, that blog is great! For instance, I didn't go to the site to learn about watering but I am grateful to have the answers to unrelated questions I've had before appear there!

Originally posted by MaxR View Post
            >>>I'm looking for a web forum that focuses on organic home gardening not exclusively for cannabis but garden vegetables as well.<<<
            One of my favorite home gardening (veggie) techniques is the "square foot gardening". It teaches you how to maximize output, crop plan, crop rotation and more. Best of all, it doesn't take much space to start or produce great food. Check it out - https://squarefootgardening.org

Comment

• MaxR
              MaxR commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool! Now I know why my wife did that to the garden. In the KIS Organic Blog that MeEasy mentioned, I saw a scientific research paper on this: https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/ne...annabis-sativa

• ChadWestport
              ChadWestport commented
              Editing a comment
              Good website and I do remember reading that paper when it came out. My commercial experience has been primarily bed grow, 5 to 6 plants per rolling bed, 100 beds per room. All the same strain so feeding was a breeze, didn't need different formulas in the same room. Great link, thanks for sharing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X