Fingers?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingers?!

I was wondering at what stage do the leaves develop 5 to 7 ‘fingers’? My girls are OD plants, roughly 2 months old, and they still have 3 fingers per leaf ~ is this normal?

Usually that only occurs when a plant has undergone some sort of stress or has re-vegged. I'm assuming when you say "OD" you mean outdoor, which can wreak havoc on younger plants due to extreme weather fluctuations. That being said, it doesn't mean they won't develop decent bud. I had 2 plants this season that re-vegged back in June from heat stress with tons of single, double, and 3 leaf growth and I still got some beautiful bud from it. How is the overall health of the plants?

Comment

Crucialbunny I think is on to it, sounds like the plant revegged, that is commonly the only time you see 3 finger leaves on adult plants. There are a few rare strains like duck foot that does the odd mature leaves but this likely sounds like what crucial bunny was saying.

Comment

Depends on The plant, thicker branches make bigger leaves

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input 👍 - it makes sense the stress thing as they definitely showed signs of shock wen I repotted them from solo cups to these current pots (way too early) - yes I do mean outdoor wen I say OD , so I need to remember I’m looking at 6mths not 3 and they are only 6 weeks now and my climate (Australia/Victoria) is only just hit its 4th week into spring , so the girls have been fighting for light since day one. As the days get longer and the heat builds, they should be able to spend more and mire time outside - wen they are inside they are surrounded by 3 sides of window and one wall , and I have a fan running in them - this week they started to grow again after the shock of transplanting and the ‘overall’ health seems to be picking up 👍 - I even noticed one of them does have a 2 five fingered leaves on it after all 🙂

Comment

It can just be the strain too. I have a White Widow a Johnny's Fire & a Future all the same age all the same dirt & all the same nutes. Johnny's Fire has never thrown a leaf more'n 3 fingers, Wwidow has 7s & 9s when I get the lights right. Future is always 5.

Comment

• Airies11
              Airies11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh ok! Thanks JDU ~ that’s interesting info ~ definitely learning something new almost everyday since joining GWE community 👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X