No announcement yet.

Are you an aficionado of cannabis ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR2K you may wait along time depends on what the plant consists of does it have haze in genetics most do and a haze "generally" takes 65days of flower to be close to ripened. Some find cloudy relaxing some don't get a whole bunch of amber.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I'm just complainin' to complain. I've been harvesting "underbud" colas, every few days. This has also enabled me to experiment with my solar quick-drying. My Alaskan Purple harvested buds have packed a decent punch...but I need to work on the "grassy" smell/taste. My last effort I kept the temperature down around 150 degrees F. I've been reading some about the natural decarb process. Maybe, I'll figure out the best temperature/time for solar drying. It's extremely easy but you have to "follow" the Sun, not lead it.

I'll dry and cure the vast majority of my plants but don't like to be without too long.

I don't think I'm a aficionado. I'm just a plain old Pot smoker. I only look for three things in my weed. 1 Effect, does it get me where I want to be? 2 Taste, and 3 yield. In that order. If I can find those three, then I don't care if it is Sativa, Indica or Auto. It's all good.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you kingfish that is what all i meant to say.........folks just got to go by what they like.

Weed is like art or wine. You know what your like and don't need anyone to tell you what is or is not good. A great social leveler. To each their own.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      Reminds me of an old Genesis song. "I Know What I Like (and I like what I know).

Originally posted by OldManGrower View Post
    I too am a connoisseur rather than an aficionado although the difference is questionable. While I love the end product and get to avoid the downfalls (dealers) growing in itself has become a thing for me. Sort of like growing a 1000 lb. pumpkin. I can't wait for the county fair to have bud judging competitions (biggest buds, most potency, aesthetics). I cannot stand snobs of any stripe but I really do prefer organic. hand raised artisanal bud to street or store bought.
    Hmmm. I guess the difference would be, have you ever thrown weed out? I definitely have and I'll straight-up refuse to smoke some shit. For awhile, I worked in one of the legal Cannabis shops and different growers like to bring in free samples for the budtenders hoping they enjoy it and tell the store to make an order. Some is good, most is average but some is like, WTF! I'll give that stuff to a friend who is down on money or a random homeless dude, but there have been times when I wouldn't even give it away. Straight to the bin. Nice problems in a legal market, it's rough.

Comment

I'm quasi-binging some cop shows. Doesn't matter which.

I see people getting arrested for having little quarter ounces or pounds of weed. True story. A guy was the assistant manager at a pizza place I was sent to help. After a few days, I saw the guy on Cops. Swear to jeebus. He had a quarter pound of weed in his trunk. The odd tic he had was amplified to embarrassment Turned out, a lot of people who worked for the pizza place saw the episode. He was about to become manager. When time came for the interview, as I understand, he was asked if he could pass a drug test, first thing. He said no and his pizza place career was over.

Now, nothing sounds odd about that. What with prohibition being lifted in many states, we'll probably see fewer drug busts on nameless cop shows just because there are fewer weed busts. But the real shit about what people were getting busted for was brown, Mexican block weed. Dirt weed. A cleaned ounce becomes half an ounce because of the seeds and stems. You get me. Especially you old heads who used to buy 'fingers' and 'lids'. What the hell, man?! If you're going to get busted for weed, goddamn make it for good shit! How could you face your celley with teardrop tattoos with a story about getting busted with Mexican kindling?

For those of you who might take offense to any of this, you old heads, I take back nothing! You had seeds but waited for the Dutch to put them together and make the bank-diddly-dank. I'll say no more. You know who you are.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        My two favorite weed / cops tv moments.
        1- dude in a pickup truck gets pulled over, officer asks if he's been smoking weed. The guy swears up and down that he hasn't smoked any weed, none at all. Cop responds - good news and bad news, good news is, I believe you. The bad news, you have a joint tucked behind your ear......

2- From the precinct cameras - guy walks in to talk to detective. Informs the cop that his roommate stole all of his weed and plants. Cop lets him go on telling the story. Even calls another officer over for "assistance in this crime". After the guy spills the entire can of beans about everything he has been doing and how pissed he is the roommate took everything, the cop says - I'm going to go out and look for him now, but if I arrest him and return them to you, I'd have to arrest you too..... The guy making the complaint sits there for about 5 seconds, looks puzzled and then bolts out off the chair and of camera, most likely outside. Cops had a proper laugh. Oh criminals....

Fleeing suspect jumps from his car. Police car is following real close behind FS and runs over the FS. The best one is where FS gets his shoes knocked about 20 feet away. The FS's they show always pop up and run away.

Cops pull over a truck pulling an enclosed trailer. The driver immediately handed the cop a stack of papers. A few moments later, driver dude opens the trailer for the cop. The trailer floor was wall to wall clones. I think there was a paper lunch bag full of cash, too. Cop just shrugs his shoulders and says, basically, the truckload of future weed was all legal.

I may or may not have heard someone is thinking of making a Cops' blooper mini-series, or whatever. 'Cops: The Fife Tapes'. I wouldn't go looking for the show because I don't know if it was ever made or will ever be made, or whatever.

Please, oh, please let's not talk about news channels being slewed with Cops' bloopers. This is for fun. K?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Mazzariman
        Mazzariman commented
        Editing a comment
        Or maybe Stoner Bloopers! I remember back in the early 80's, these idiots had a U-Haul truck filled with several hundred lbs. of buds and were just leaving Garberville, in So. Humboldt, late one night. They were so stoned they were driving down the wrong side of the street. Sheriff got em. Off they went to the Humboldt Hilton aka the Greybar Hotel. Dummies were from L.A. First rule, never sample the product until you safely arrive at your destination. 2nd. rule, Objects in your mirror are larger that they appear. 3rd. rule, A mouse never trusts his home to only one hole, so never trust your crop to one patch!

See, here's why you have to try different things. I am super stoned. This morning's wake-n-bake is some real nice hash I got on my last order. I am in the middle of a weed high and budder high. Without trying the hash I would be in the same place I was yesterday. Which is fine. Where I am now is like everything is on the same plane. I can put my hand out and draw a line across the horizon that puts everything together. Harmony, like. OGKB Indica and Holy Nana Crack Sativa, green powder hash.

I'm going to stop lest I get into a super stoned soliloquy and to have a little more hash. Nap time is going to be super amazing! Warm and cuddly. Warm and cuddly enough to ignore the shed.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I assume your eloquent posts are often a result of a sativa dominant effect. At least that is what happens to me although I am far less eloquent or creative.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X