Odd Seedling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Seedling

1/3 of these Amnesia auto seedling is growing a bit off. Its blotchy in color and bit misformed.Does anyone know what that's from?

I'm hoping it will just grow out of it.The other two are looking healthy, and this one is on the same growth pace.

It's called variegation, which is a genetic mutation although sometimes can be cause by a plant virus. Not extremely uncommon and you should be able to grow it out fine.

Comment

It may just be a mutation. More experienced hands would know for sure.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Interesting! Thanks for the responses. I'll post back in a bit and show how she does.

Comment

What are your nutes and feeding schedule?

First thing to do is check under the leaves for klingons or anything that shouldn't be there. And your soil. Real close, like. My buddy has a plant that is doing something similar. It's several weeks along. The entire plant has it and is growing as well as the others. He said he put Cal-mag in his water and it's been clearing up. But we can't be sure if that was the issue. The final first thing you should do is check your other plants for the same things.

I looked at pictures of variegated cannabis leaves. What I notice from the different variations is the yellow-green color, similar in all I've seen. What I see in yours is more of a white-green.

The damned of it is you're doing the same thing to each of the plants, yet only one has a problem.

Here's a link. I don't see your issue on the page but it is a phenomenal resource. Really, the whole GWE website will make you cry.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Here is a bit more info to consider -

"The leaves of these mutants have green and white (or yellow) sectors that arise as a consequence of mutations in nuclear or organellar genes (Tilney-Bassett, 1975). Whereas the green sectors contain cells with morphologically normal chloroplasts, cells in the white sectors contain plastids that lack pigments and normal lamellar structures."

This is in regards to Arabidopsis but can be applied to many plant families.

Full article - The Arabidopsis immutans Mutation Affects Plastid Differentiation and the Morphogenesis of White and Green Sectors in Variegated Plants1 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC117963/

Comment

In many cases, the plant will grow out of it, but you may see some leaves show signs later in growth.

Comment

Just treat it the same as your other plants...the variegation is pretty minimal. I grew this one outdoors this year..she's been a struggle since the light yellow leaves dont react well to strong or direct sunlight. To make matters worse she seems to be a magnet for WPM, whereas the other two green plants are relatively fine
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

This post is long overdue, but eventually the plant just grew out of it. The photo isn't the best but you can see some of the bottom leaves still showing the variegation. She ended up yielding over 4oz of fantastically enjoyable buds!

Thank you to those who posted! Very happy I didn't toss it like I was originally considering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X