No announcement yet.

For the Newbs from a Newb: PART 2 - A Feral 2nd Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gave Katie the Crop Doc some epsom salts last night. Upon deeper digging, and getting some pics from another angle, I think her color can be traced back to when she got too close to the lights in the small tent, and then when they moved into a better neighborhood, the light was just too much for her, except the burn coverage was much better, lol. Still going to give me a nice haul in spite of what I've put this poor dear through.
    Did a little more defoliation, just to get buds unblocked on other three. They are looking more purple each morning. I dig it.
    The autos seem to not give a crap one way or the other now that they have bigger containers. I'm in love with autos. May be totally done with photos.

A true addict: someone who within hours of upgrading, is already looking at the next upgrade of whatever they just upgraded, lol.

Comment

I swear the FBL autos did better than some photos i've grown more yield i ain't kidding. I've spent not alot of $$ on auto seeds but some and those were not anything to brag about compared to good breeding. He's got the knack/talent. That color coming out is lovely, my leaves are going purple in the GSC and house smells great. Did you say you cloned that Katie CBD? Snail mail is on the way .
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        Katie is a clone of one of my two first plants. Ugly Marla, Aria and Iris are clones of my other first plant. The FBLs are the only thing in there going from seeds at the moment.

They are on cruise-control. Flushing the CBD plant and giving the rest week 12 FF nutes till they finish.
      The FBL autos make me feel like a master gardener!
      Apparent now that I prefer the Pippi Longstocking defoliation method, lol.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pics are great - aren't autoflowers easy?

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Omg, they do themselves. I'm in L-O-V-E <3
        Thanks for the coaching

This feels a little like the ending of a story about an awesome pig and a seasonal spider. "What do you mean you're dying?"
      Yes, Katie the Crop Doc gave me some amber today. Just a glimmer, but it's pretty neato to see it happen. I had already marked the calendar with 11/12 as a potential harvest date - the beginning of week 9 post flip. Almost right on the money.
      The fall color is intensifying on the three Irene Apricot plants and they are still stacking up. I have the window on these opening around 11/23, so we'll see how that goes. Now that I'm giving them the proper nutrients.

While checking the tallest buds with a loupe each day, I've discovered a bit of lint. Leave it to me to have dust build-up on my plants, lol. It's from leaning across the ones in front to get a look at the ones in back. Something tells me it probably won't be the first time I've lit up some lint. I feel better already knowing that it's my lint I'll be smoking.

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking nice. That middle pic looks real frosty.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow those look great first pick i love it. I am fond of ol yeller but gal that center one is so pretty also. Very happy for you and your grow.

Happy Today, for those who celebrate!
      I don't have any grandkids, and one of my guys is camera shy, and some members of the forum dislike cats with such an intensity as to make me not want to post cat-pics, y'all are gonna have to put up with pictures of the last days of this grow, lol.
      Trimmed all the obviously damaged leaves from Katie and gave her another flush. The other photos and 2 autos have stopped drinking as much water, even though the humidity is in the basement. It got damn cold here last night. Bet on more purple leaves tomorrow.

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Pictures look great 👍......I love the purple. Have to ask though, what are we celebratin’? Sunday? Any day still above ground? Pre-pre-Thanksgiving? Or am I missing a celebration 🎉 damn seizures messed my recall up badly.

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re looking awesome AG!! You’re next up for harvest 👍

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        @Xena
        Just celebrating another day above ground.
        I've been manipulating the temp at night -wanted to see if I could make purple

Who doesn't like cats?

Still looking lovely up there

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        the smell is pretty amazeballs as well!

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup looks great - gingerbeard doesn't like cats - just ignore him about them and your fine. Myself - our pussy cat Tiger - has been with us 17 years+

Cats rule, dogs drool. Now that's out of the way

Autos are 73 days old and still sending pistils, the LSxSC not so much as the LS. I have today marked as approx harvest date for the LSxSC, and we're closing in on it, but we're not there quite yet.
      Saw a couple cloudy trichomes today - nothing to get excited about, but cool to know what I'm looking for on the rest of the Irene Apricot. Gosh, the fall colors on those are so pretty!

Comment

• Driller
        Driller commented
        Editing a comment
        Their some beautiful looking plants well done.

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous girls! I agree with driller, they’re purty❤️

Three down, 3 to go. Chopped Katie the Crop Doctor and considering what she went through, she gave me what she could. I decided to let that strain go; there are many CBD fish in the sea. Also chopped Ugly Marla because I could. She was the one under the MH light and she was all cloudy with a tad of amber. The other two ended up with half MH light and half the old light because they hated the MH at first. Now they don't care, and I got the need to kill something out of my system, lol. The other three can finish up mostly unmolested.

Accidentally busted the LSxSC auto. Shit happens and that it happened to that one, but it was okay. It had mostly cloudy, 75 days old under 12/12. I'll try it again under the new Mars Hydro on 18/6, but that is a tale for another exciting grow journal. We are so far into this one, I don't take photos anymore, at least not so many, lol. Take a bazillion pictures of your kids until they are teens and then...not so much. Same with plants.
      I had thought to just be done with the Irene Apricot strain, but then did a little Googling and found out it's a clone-only strain. I pulled a golden ticket, because this is just a normal feminized seed with no weird male side-trips. Just a beautiful heavy indica plant that I really want to grow again. I accidentally rooted some cuttings and managed to rescue one at the last minute. Irene Apricot turned out to be a lovely strain and I couldn't let it die.
      We are 1 day into week 9 of flowering.
      Yipee -ki-yay.

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy harvest AG !!

The last two came down today and are all trimmed and drying in the tent while nothing new is ready.
      Doing a post mortem on the rootball of a plant that did something unexpected can yield in information what my plants did not in yield, lol.
      This is the first time I've ever grown anything in a prepared medium that isn't Miracle Gro, so it's going to take me a couple tries to get the hang of it.
      The autos turned out to really want more nitrogen. They needed more roots and they need nitrogen when they are making them. It is too late to fix anything on an auto by the time they show signs of a problem, so the best way to not have that problem it to anticipate it and now I can. When I broke the dirt apart, there were roots, but not like the photos I did from clones. Those had big thick roots, almost like multiple taproots. The clones were revegged and grew a little oddly, but did okay, considering they are also my first clones. The LSxSC roots were very fine and wispy. Not much to them when I got all the dirt out.

(Both autos are getting grown again, the LSxSC right away - the smell is so flipping good). I haven't dissected the lemon skunk, but I do remember that one having a fairly solid root when I transplanted it. But Nitrogen. Need more nitrogen from the get-go.

A word about transplanting a plant that is flowering:
      When I turned the plants over to gently cradle them as I removed the old containers, some of the soil came loose. Normally you'd want that to happen, but it turns out flowering pot plants are sticky...who knew?? While I was trimming the LS I kept finding...bits. I'm thinking, "Not today, whatever you are!" I really worked up an eye twitch at it, and then I realized the soil that had fallen from the upside-down plant was stuck to the bottoms of the sugar leaves. Gah.
      Also a horrific amount of lint caused by taking a fan straight outta my bedroom and putting it in a flowering tent full-blast. A couple branches looked like I flowered them under the dryer vent, lol.

Got a Trim Bin. Oh woot!
      That thing is my new best friend. It paid for itself about 2 hours out of the packaging just sifting out soil and fuzz, lol.

This grow wasn't about yield. It was about getting dialed in. About learning how to make what I already have better without wasting anything I already have in service. Adding what was absolutely essential for success.
      I don't think this 6-plants will give us very much in grams. I'll have an estimate for you in a week or two. But the information I collected is priceless.
      In the meantime, lets go get the tent cleaned up to start the next one. Already have autos waiting for their turn under the big-top.

Thanks for hanging out with me till the end of the grow.

Comment

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Super frickin Duper Congratulations on the successful harvest!!!
        Thanks also for entertaining us with your comical tales of the BS every one of us is going through/ has gone through in our own grows. I look forward to your updates, and those regular and so genuinely authentic updates inspired me to be better with my own.
        Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
        Can’t wait to see what’s next Sister!💚

Thanks for allowing us to follow. Your posts have given us some great insights in the trials and tribulations of a cannabis grower. Glad it was a success for you in the end.
      3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
      Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
      Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
      Couple of fans for airflow
      First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
      Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
      Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

HOORAY! Great job on the whole grow. I've loved the updates and your names for plants always kept me laughing. It's been a learning process, as it is for us all, thank you for taking us along on the ride. Now it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X