Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, new here

Hi guys/gals

New here and getting ready to give it a go growing indoors, I've only ever tried it outdoors and that's 25 years ago.
    I have ordered 20 seeds of feminized, autoflower, Northern Lights x Big Buds (haven't arrived yet)
    I have also ordered a Mars Hydro tent 60/120/180cm so about 8 square feet roughly I guess it is.
    I was thinking 4-5 plants or maybe as much as 1 per square foot, is that to many?
    Also a Mars Hydro TS1000 Led light, plan is to order another one in a couple of weeks when I have a little more cash, but my thinking was that the first week or so I could get by with just one for seedlings.
    What are your opinion on this setup?
    I was thinking 10 gallon pots/bags for more root = more fruit purposes, what the general consensus of that idea?
    I'll dive straight into the training thing as it seems like a good idea.
    Thanks for reading :-)

I’m growing the NLxBB too. My first grow so anything I say is from research and asking questions. I have a 3x3 or 9sq ft and I have a ts1000 which I also want a second one for flowering. I think 10gal pots are way too much, I’m using 3gal, a long time member and auto grower here uses 2gal.

Comment

Hi Xena
      Thanks for the reply.
      I did think 10 gallon was maybe a bit much, but rather ask the experts than realise when it's to late :-)
      ​​​​

Comment

Honestly, probably 3-4 plants (4 is pushing it I think) in 3 gallon pots. 3 gallon is what most autoflower growers recommend for an indoor grow. 10 gallon pots are way too big for an indoor grow most of the time. Not only will you have trouble watering but also, 2 of the 10 gallon pots would fill your whole space. The tent in the picture is the same size as yours, those are all one gallon pots, the bigger 2 are 2 gallon. Not a lot of room in there once you get a few plants put in and they grow into their space. Mine are clones and they're pretty young still but that should hopefully give you a little size reference to go on.
        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent, thanks for posting that pic, it does give me a better idea, smaller pots it will be :-)

Comment

I have 2x4', so 8 sq ft and have four 5 gallon photos in it plus, two autos in 1gal for total of 6 in flowering tent. Those 5-gal containers suck to move. When the plants start to really grow, argh! Jungle city. Definitely suggest starting with smaller containers. I would also suggest the first time doing a smaller run than what you can fit in your tent. Get a feel for what your gals are going to do and what they need. There isn't any way to slow an auto down once it's going and good seeds are too expensive to waste!

Comment

Did you order from Seedsman? I placed two orders two weeks apart in August. The first took about five weeks to arrive and the second hasn't even arrived in the states as far as I know. I suspect orders are coming by boat because jet traffic to the USA has been cut down so much by COVID-19.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• growell
                growell commented
                Editing a comment
                i ordered from seedsman came in about 6 days i in uk mate

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                I ordered from seedsman at the beginning of August. My seeds just arrived Saturday. They went from Spain to the UK then to the US. Pretty sure they use carrier pigeon with broken wings...
                I'll give them credit when it comes to discrete packaging. They sent my order in a gift wrapped kids toy with a big birthday card. I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

• UndergroundFarmer
                UndergroundFarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                I've only ever gotten my orders in plain envelopes. I ordered last on August 16th and am still waiting. Maybe they ran out of wrapping paper or something.

I have a 32"x32"x66" tent. Anything larger than three gallon pots will be too heavy to rotate and move about. I can at best handle 4 plants at a time, 3 is probably optimal. Be very clear about the general height recommendation on the seeds. Any plant that gets taller than 150 (5') centimeters will be too tall for your tent. The plant stem probably emerges from the pot about 10" above the tent floor. You do not want the light closer than 22" to the top growth. That is 32" inches out of your six ft. tall tent already.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

They are listed as 100-130cm when growing indoors so I'm hoping I'll be alright if I also do the LST.
                For pots I have settled on some 3 gallon fabric ones, it seems to be the size to go for.

Comment

yay, another noob, like me 3-5 gallons max for an auto-flower would be spot on.

Usually for new growers, I typically recommend o holding off on the extra techniques like training and such. Focus on watering and feeding, learn to read your plant, learn the strain, see what it naturally wants to do and the results it produces. Then start to manipulate the plant and add in extras. You can see the response in the plant and compare that to your baseline. You'll also have that baseline to judge future yields against to see if you are doing better or not.

Comment

Tent arrived this morning, view from my bed now :-)
                    It was much easier than ny IKEA crap I have done in the past lol

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Morning JSH1973 i have the same looking tent just not the same brand. I can fit 4 photos in 5gal. pots in there and keep them healthy easy to manage. That's healthy to me and gives airflow don't cram abunch in there hard to water without long neck water container. I do 6 autos in 3 gal. in there. Some can do more than that but i go for easy healthy plants, with little issues environmentally. Do i make sense?

SoOrbudgal

I thought 6 would be to many but my plan was to just start 6 and keep the best/strongest looking if/when they are out growing the tent and bin the rest.
                    I have 6 x 3 gallon fabric pots and I'm going to do all Auto/Feminized Northern Lights x Big Buds from Weedseedexpress.
                    Coco Perlite and Canna range of nutrients.

Comment

• growell
                      growell commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ok mate i on first grow i would suggest no training 4 plants keep things as simple as possible and space i got 2m 2m 2m tent 6 photos 2 autos all ways having to move stuff and not done as many plants not as easy as people say heat issues defiences good luck mate

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds good we're are here to help you through a healthy harvest.

1 out of the 2 lights arrived today (both are the same)
                    Repurposing parts from a tomato planter and took 3 stainless steel trays from my food dehydrator, had few pieces of wood in the garage for making a platform so plants can sit on the trays and drip into drip trays (still need to buy those.
                    I'm thinking of max 3 plants to make it easier for myself the first time growing.
                    I'm aiming for quality not volume 🙂
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201002_155028.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	455503

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
                      AccidentalGardener commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm looking to get a 4x4 MH tent. Probably their lights, too.
                      Out of stock in the US mainland till November -
                      I will wait for a light and light leak review from you

Seeds didn't arrive today so it will be next week before I get started but hey....patience is a big part of this right 😁

Comment

Welcome to the growing family..! I'm an old timer that grow mostly photo. I did my first auto this year with my photos. They were Northern Lights and White Widow. I have a grow room not a tent and here in Canada it's legal to grow. So don't be shy of asking questions hey..!
                      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                      Full auto grow
                      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X