No announcement yet.

Plants too tall for grow space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted on your other post but in summary wait until flowering stretch is done before switching to HPS as red spectrum will increase distance between nodes. Also make sure to train heavily to create short even canopy in veg and you will have better success.

Comment

4x4x8 Grow tent 1000w hps, 8 inch cool tube reflector, a/c unit to keep temps under control. Nine 5gallon bucket deep well recirculating system, resivor out side tent via 55g barrel.
      H20 temps usually 66 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Temps inside tent have been up to 92 a few times, generally 76-86 with 35-50 percent humidity.
      pH closely monitored with a PH of 5.6 -6.4 most times. Prescription blend 6 part nutrients, along with liquid karma and hydroguard, along with advanced nutrients PH down when needed.
      Plants started from seed august, vegged for maybe 5-6 weeks, grew very fast under t5 florescent, switched to the 1000hps when initiated flowering around September 14. Feminized seeds from Greenpoint strain called oil slick. They have tripled in size easily.
      I thought maybe I had a weak bulb, so recently put a new 1000 hps bulb. 2 weeks since then with same results. Would be some nice frickin fat colas if they weren't spacing at every node. I wouldn't be worried but they show no signs of filling in, and I am familiar with how nice kolas stack up. Outdoors atleast. As well as when they are looking leggy and loose. I'm definitely losing confidence in my indoor flowering ability. I sure can veg em though...

Comment

• Fishmiser
        Fishmiser commented
        Editing a comment
        That's sounds dumb, they always space at every node, I just mean the way they're stacking is gonna make for bongload buds. Perfect size for a bong load....

• Fishmiser
        Fishmiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh forgot to mention cal/mag supplement as well

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
      I posted on your other post but in summary wait until flowering stretch is done before switching to HPS as red spectrum will increase distance between nodes. Also make sure to train heavily to create short even canopy in veg and you will have better success.
      Thanks, good advice. Would have done so if u knew.... Guess I should have researched more

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        lol no worries. Like i said in the other post i just learned about the whole waiting until after stretch to do HPS and ive been doing this for about 8 years. There is so much info out there that it would be foolish to expect everyone to know everything. Sometimes, and by sometimes i mean frequently, i have to learn by making mistakes!

• Fishmiser
        Fishmiser commented
        Editing a comment
        Right. That's life in'nit

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X