SUP!! Old head, new grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUP!! Old head, new grower

Wanted to introduce myself and say Hey! Took my first hit in '75 and pretty much been at it since. About 8 years ago I was given 2 seedlings, 1 of which was a female. Basically dug a hole, mixed in some peat moss and planted it. It got Miracle grow, water,(city) and no attention, grooming that is. The weed worked and I was happy. Fast forward to now. Covid hit the supply chain, something had to change. End of May, visiting with a friend, he shared with me some 2 hit stuff, asked if I liked it, and said here is a clone of it. It is now living in a planter, was given much love from the H2O, pond water from the same friend, to the Organics used. When I get smart enough to post pics I will. Def a sativa strain. It is now a week or so away from harvest. I carry it in at night because of temps, and back out in the morning. Supposed to be bluebird skies and high 60's here next week or so. Can hardly wait, but told myself I was going to do it right, from drying to curing. Patience is a virgin.

About 2 weeks after I got the clone, for the first time in years I got a bag with some seeds. So I am now the owner of a 4x4x6'6 tent and all required pieces. 5 plants running a 18/6 cycle. Figure if I'm going to "F" something up, rather it be "free" seeds than $$$$ seeds. Between reading here and YouTube. So far so good. Still in the veg stage building a nice canopy. Will be going 12/12 in 3 weeks, figure out then the seeds I've been dealt. I'll be happy with 1 lady.

That's my story, got 5 veggin and 1 teasing the hell out of me.

Welcome, Vicrider . Bagseeds are the best way to start. Like you said. Minimal investment. They're fun, too, because you don't know what you're growing.

In my experience, the one teasing the hell out of you is a female. Unfortunately, no matter how much you give, how much you love and devote of yourself to this teaser, she might not give anything in return. They usually require the most training. Give her a bit. She might be going through a phase.

Who's with me, fellas?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

That is an awesome background, welcome back to the garden. I totally agree, bag seeds can be a great thing, I'll never turn my nose up at them,. Some of the best strains in cannabis history are from bag seeds. I've had a lot more winners than problematic hermies, so I keep rolling with em when I find them.

Comment

If you've learned some patience, you're halfway there! The rest comes with experience and nobody I know has gotten quite enough experience to know it all. Just don't love them to death and you'll do fine.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X