Hey, lady! Are you pregnant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, lady! Are you pregnant?

I met a buddy's girlfriend. I wasn't sure if she was pregnant so thought it better not to ask, having already noticed she has mild, stroke-like paralysis. Asking a woman if she's pregnant can cause a real sticky situation, if she is not.

Well, I went over to the buddy's place to drop off some crumble I made from his weed. He checks it out and hands it to the girlfriend. She pulls out a rig and dabs it. Every alarm bell I have about things women shouldn't do while pregnant went screaming.

Is it my place to judge a woman for something she does while pregnant? I'm going to answer that, without answering that.

I know what fetal alcohol syndrome is. I know what premature babies are. I understand what babies go through when they are born addicted to hard drugs. I see what lives of several people have become because of mothers using drugs, drinking, and smoking cigarettes during pregnancy. Are all women aware of what they do to their unborns? No. Either by lack of education or lack of understanding of what ramifications are, not all women know or care. Not all women are able to clean up. Grandma didn't know any better when she was pregnant with Mom. She smoked and drank because doing so was as common and thought as harmless as a cheese sandwich. From what I understand, G had a number of miscarriages and/or stillborn babies. Mom spent months in the hospital when she was born. Spent her prepubescent years with mild epilepsy. Mom was G's only child that survived.

But what about those women who know what they're doing and don't care? I couldn't watch buddy's girlfriend do her thing. However benign a drug we consider marijuana, I dare anyone to tell me it's okay to get high when pregnant. My gut is telling me not to be around her. My deep gut is telling me to slap the shit out of her. My deep, deep gut is telling me to have CPS keep an eye on her.

To throw the responsible males into the picture, not trying to get the mother of your unborn child to stop, has a lot of weight. I don't know if buddy is baby's daddy. But buddy is as cool with girlfriend smoking as he is with me. Buddy is probably the most zen person I know and I feel like telling him I can't be around her when she smokes.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Ask him, then if she is you can tell him why you want be coming around. And I am stopping here, good luck.

Comment

Just had a talk with another buddy.

Girlfriend was 4 months pregnant when they hooked up. She didn't know but told him as soon as she found out. He's cool with playing the dad role. Next time I know she's going to head over, my rig is going to be in cleaning mode.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

GB yeah definitely do not ask if they’re pregnant, if they’re not then .......

The whole thing sort of reminds me of this bitch that used to live across from us. Me and my friends were all very careful to keep the kids away from anything drug related and my wife and I moved across the street from a woman with three kids, we were over there one evening and she fired one, hit it, and handed it to her 10 year old kid to pass it. It really pissed me off I left and didn’t go back and thought many times that I F***ed up by not calling CPS.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X