No announcement yet.

Probiotic Soil Q: Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum vs Acidophilus & Bifidobacillus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probiotic Soil Q: Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum vs Acidophilus & Bifidobacillus

Probiotics for soil are helpful! Given my microgrow, I can't justify creating my own Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum like this recipe outlines: https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/sa-8.pdf ( courtesy of /https://themodern.farm/why/.) Has anyone used quality consumer probiotic powder to inoculate soil? (i.e., https://www.seroyal.com/hmf-powder.html) How did it work out? Theoretically, I imagine it should work but I'm unsure. Also, curious about the effects of the FOS prebiotics. Thoughts?

After consideration, I would assume the FOS prebiotics would be ok given that the Aloe Vera, which includes prebiotic polysaccharides, is recommended by some organic farmers, particularly during seedling and veg. I can't say that I know or have any experience with FOS with soil as I'm a new grower. (This will be my second grow!)
    Last edited by MaxR; 09-20-2020, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I use the recipe on buildasoil.com just scroll thru the blog pages and you will find it. I used it before on my soil. Haven’t made anymore. But works well.

Comment

I feel like you're making this way too hard on yourself.

Comment

This question is out of my knowledge
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Maybe I should have mentioned I am going to do an organic grow with no artificial nutrients, hence the need for LABS. Anyhow, I can't find any information addressing my original question anywhere. I think it makes sense to go ahead and make the Lactic Acid Bacteria Serum according to the recipe in the original post rather than experiment with some shit noone seems to have tried. The homemade serum appears to be easy, inexpensive and tried-and-true. Maybe in the future, it would be an interesting experiment to compare 3 plants with the same genetics and soil, one with no LABS, one with LABS and one with consumer level acidophilus/bifidum. If anyone with experience or knowledge about this is reading this post, either now or in the future, feel free to revive this thread with your findings! Happy Growing!
            Last edited by MaxR; 09-27-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X