Good strains to grow for beginners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good strains to grow for beginners?

I'm looking for a strain that's fairly easy and forgiving to beginners. I just want a plant that's hardy and will get me good bud, so probably an autoflower. I don't have much space in my small closet grow tent, I have enough space for one plant that I can let grow very big, or two plants I can get about medium sized.

I have a LSD auto from barneys farm its been really forgiving its grown nice and bushy with nice sized mutiple buds I topped it and it never seemed to notice

Comment

My experience- every strain.
      as long as you do your job good, research about the growing and just get started. Honestly every strain can be a blessing or a hell thing. All depends on the breeder and how good your setup and environment are..

Don’t be scared To grow a certain strain because you are a beginner. And I mean that honestly..
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I would would go for a photo first u have more time in veg to fix problems an auto will start to flower after 30 days if it half dead or not mate

Comment

Critical or northern lights or any strain made from skunk#1

Comment

I second the photoperiod option for the first grow. I've found GG to be very easy to grow, and a good yielder too. Another I've had recently (still flowering actually, and clones really well) that's a good one is White Widow. Still getting into more strains as I go, but so far I think those have been my easiest. They don't seem to need a lot of water during veg for fast growth and are very forgiving if you make a mistake. And who doesn't like either of those strains? Whatever you decide on I'm sure you're going to enjoy regardless, especially since it will be your own homegrown. Best of luck deciding and happy growing!

Comment

There are a bunch, here are some classics.
              Northern Lights
              White Widow
              Hindu Kush

Comment

They’re all basically the same during veg, some grow faster than others while some are more compact and require more attention. In flower is when they get picky and can out grow your space quick if you’re not prepared for that strain. For those reasons I recommend any strain thats small to average in height and flowers quickly. Less time to mess up 😉

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, I think short flowering time should be one of the top priorities.

As a newbie myself I can't tell you what strain is easy to grow but I can say photos are a breeze compared to autos. I grew both this season. Photos were a walk in the park compared to the autos. With autos you have no time for mistakes. You have to be on your A game. Photos are MUCH more forgiving. With that being said it took me two tries to get my auto grow going. Pretty happy with it now. Do your research, read up in GWE and ask questions.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I am also a new grower and I did the same thing you did. I joined this forum and asked pretty much the same question. For my grow I was looking for the same thing, a beginner friendly strain that didn't to big because I was growing outside and didn't want the neighbors to see. I got a few similar answers too, White Widow and Northern Lights. After doing some research I ended up buying the White Widows, Northern Lights, and also bought some Amnesia all autos from Seed City. I planted a Northern Lights and Amnesia and I am real close to harvesting both plants probably some time in the next 1-3 weeks. The Northern Lights stayed fairly small but has a good amount of buds on it. The Amnesia got a little bigger and has a lot more bud. I recommend if you want to stay small start off with the Northern Lights. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X