Trimming plant, not bud, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Trimming plant, not bud, help

I got two females going, I don't know their strand or anything like that they were bag seeds, and I have questions about trimming the plant.

Preflowers started showing around September 10th, so only 10 days in flowering stage. I want to make sure the plant is putting all of its energy and resources into making healthy buds. So, I went in and trimmed out all the old yellowing leaves and am wondering if I need to go further. I've never trim the plant let alone gotten this far so I'm really Flying Blind here.

I've attached to pictures to this post, one is a view of the entire plants and the other is a view of one of the main branches close up. On the close up picture you will see a red and a greenish Arrow. Red arrow is pointing to a big fan leaf and the greenish arrow is pointing to smaller leaves, not sure what they're called, growing between the main stalk and the stem from the fan leaves. Do I need to trim any of this off or should I just leave it alone?
    Attached Files

Looks good now - leave it alone - blue arrow is pointing to where the buds form - don't cut.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

ya don't trim off your bud sites. Did you spray something on your leaves? Looks like WPM all over.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• KrimNL10DenZ
        KrimNL10DenZ commented
        Editing a comment
        The white stuff over the plants you're referring to is a organic insecticide called Spinosad. Plant had leaf miners and applied that to get rid of them, worked like a charm. What you're seeing is a dust that can be easily wiped off.

I cannot see your pics, but I can tell you what I do. Mostly, I examine the plant from every angle. I then trim off only leaves that are preventing the light getting to the lower buds or inhibiting air circulation. That's pretty much it. I trim several times as the plant stretches to allow for this. I do not trim anything superfluous. If it is green and growing, I let it be.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X