Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canna butter from a hermie?

Hello,
    I took some clones from my flowering plant. As an experiment, I potted them up and set them outside in full sun. The plants have done well, but I have to bring them inside each night now, due to low temps. I think they may have hermied. I’m not upset because I got my harvest already from the mother. There are a lot of flowers on these clones and I intend to finish them in my grow cabinet to continue the experiment. Nothing else will be with them.

Does anyone know if they will make good canna butter? I have been strategically defoliating and saving the leaves. I plan to dry the harvest and perhaps take some of it thru the cure process to see what the smoke is like. If it isn’t great, can I still use the buds to make canna butter or does curing it make it unsuitable?

Thanks!

I have not used any trim taken before harvest to make either butter or hash. I always assumed that either it had no trichomes or that if they did have them that they wouldn't be ripened. The first time I did make hash I did take some seedy flower from a dispensary and added it to the trim from my first grow the hash was enjoyable and I didn't have to remove the seeds so using buds or trim from harvest should be good for butter.

Comment

Thanks. One can absolutely take trim before harvest and even before flowering. I took leaves...no buds...from this mother before she was even ready to flower. Made awesome canna butter. It freezes well and I have used it on crackers throughout the grow. I don’t bake with it because it is too tempting to keep eating! Also, don’t eat some if there is any possibility that you will have to drive for much of the day afterwards. It can stay with you for quite awhile. Can’t imagine what it does to you if using buds.

The THC, as I understand it, is in the leaves. I think the canna process concentrates it.
      I defoliate per Nebula’s tutorial and I will never compost another leaf again. Thanks N!
      Last edited by Spanky; 09-20-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The hermied plants should still be just as potent as plants that haven't. You can absolutely use the plant to make butter with and you won't even know the difference. Mine have hermied in most of my grows, usually due to going overboard on the defoliation and/or heat stress. I've used the trim for RSO and then used that for gummies (mostly) or whatever I feel like making with it. I've also made BHO with it and had good results. You can smoke it too. Because it's still technically female, you won't even be able to tell.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X