Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! HLG 260 V2 RED SPEC DIY LED Grow Light

Hi,

I have a tent set up with a HLG 260 V2 RED SPEC DIY LED Grow Light - is this the only light I will need for my plants to grow right through to maturity? Or will I need another type as well?

Thanks!

What size tent and what is actual light wattage
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

Hi Cheeba,

The tent is 1m x 1m x 2m high and the light is 260 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 Rspec powered with Samsung top bin Diodes. Suited for main light and supplement lighting.

Comment

• Cheeba
        Cheeba commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Dom,
        I’m no expert but have read suggested minimum is 25 watts per square feet up to 50w per sq ft for flower. Your space is 260w / 9 sq ft for 29w per sq ft., enough but may want to supplement for flowering.

Let’s see what others say. Good luck!

The R-spec works well as a full cycle lamp.
      Like Cheeba mentioned, it's a bit underpowered for your space.
      I like to use a 320 watts of top-tier diodes for that area.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Dom
        Dom commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you guys talking feet or metres though? I'm talking metres

The tent is 1m x 1m x 2m high and the light is 260 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 Rspec powered with Samsung top bin Diodes.

Is that ok?

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really.
        320 watts of good diodes should produce a ppfd of over 600 umoles in a sq meter.
        You need MO power.

In a 3x3, I'd be kind of tempted to go with two of the HLG 100 (if you are stuck on buying HLG) which cover 3x3 in veg, 2x2 in flower. With two lights covering that area, the benefit of overlap from the light sources will bring higher, more evenly distributed PAR numbers, but it also gives you the ability to have one light higher than the other incase you get a mix of tall and short plants. I generally like the modular approach to things. Personally, I do want a light with a dimmer on in though.

Comment

• Dom
        Dom commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you talking metres or feet?

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, feet. Sorry for the confusion. I thought 1m is roughly 3 feet though. *heads to google to check

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated

Comment

I just want to confirm, I'm talking metres here, not feet - if you're talking feet, that light should be ok - correct?

1m x 1m x 2m high and the light is 260 Watt Lamp Kit. High Efficiency QB288 V2 Rspec powered with Samsung top bin Diodes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X