Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Australian Potting Mix Help

Hi,

I'm wanting some suggestions about which potting mix is best to transfer seedlings into? Have read not to use any soil that has time released nutrients but instead a balanced potting soil that doesn’t contain extra nutrients but I can't seem to find anything like that at Bunnings?

I should also mention it's indoor tent set up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I think you can pretty much use most “tomato potting mixes” and get a decent result.

Comment

Thank you Xena

Comment

An organic product is best because soil like most Miracle-Gro products have slow release nutrients which are not MJ specific nutrients, for best results always use nutrients formulated for MJ
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I’ve been growing straight in tomato soil for all my years of growing.
          Tomatoes want the same Ph as cannabis and almost the same nutrients when growing.
          I have 9 mainlined plants and I didn’t do any kind of feeding the first 10 weeks of the grow. Not a single veg nute had been giving.

And honestly I will recommend tomato soil for all soil growers.
          I paid 4€ for a 50 Liter bag. And my plants love the soil..
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe I didn't say it right. Yes tomatoes like acidic soil just like MJ making it a good choice. I meant was you don't want soils with artificial slow release nutrients in it. Before they made all ten thousand different MJ specific nutes we didn't have much of a choice, I used the little sticks that you pushed into the soil for slow release because my plants grew miles away from my house.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im not talking about MJ nutes. Just the soil buddy.
            . This is why most of this soil has the right nutrients for cannabis.
            I’m not saying you can’t buy a hot soil in a garden store. But normally you can read on the back of the bag. The NPK ratio and actually what PH range is in the soil. Which in tomatoes is between 5,8-6,6. Another perfect reason to buy tomato soil. And you can read how much NPK ratio per square meter.
            A little math and it will get you a long way.

If I can run a total veg phase on nothing but voodoo juice and cal mag for 10 weeks. I would say I have the perfect soil
            Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 09-20-2020, 01:14 PM.

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            No math is necessary to see we are saying the same thing buddy.
            5.8-6.6 = acidic soil MJ and tomato like a acidic soil
            Organic materials + soil is what will make it a little acidic you want this (organic product)
            If you buy the soil with slow release man made nutrients like the miracle grow feeds for three months shit in it you don't have control of what you are feeding them and once your MJ goes into flower it will still be getting the high nitrogen from the slow release and it will burn your plants which is why I said they are not MJ specific nutes and for best results you should always use MJ specific nutes

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated

Comment

This is my very first grow ever, and I’m using bag seeds and growing outdoor - I used a combination of seedling potting mix, coir and perlite - unfortunately I got a little excited and gave them a little spray of a really weak blood and bone mix , and fear I mayb burnt the tip of one of my girls , however could b a ph problem

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Your plants look good and i like the looks of the soil seems to me they could use a nice fish/guano tea blend or similar whats available in your area for ferts ? The blood and bone mix is great for building the strength of the plant

I have a Bunnings just across the highway 🛣 close to where I am - definitely appreciate ur advice and will look at getting me some 👍 ‘good luck & happy days!’

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X