Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dphipps1020
    replied
    I like the different profiles personally. There's definitely a difference in smell and flavor of each one for me. Different highs too of course. The more you try, the more I feel like some of you would understand. I've tried quite a few strains, bought from the dispensary mostly, and haven't even gotten my feet wet really. Some of the strains I tried and I will agree, a lot of them taste similar. But there's also strains that stand out with their aroma, looks and highs. Durban Poison for example, I'm sure a few of you know that one. It has a very distinct smell no matter what it's crossed with, and it's a relaxing high but not kick your ass high. I just had some Lemon Poison in my last harvest and it was delicious. Better than the dispensary bag I got it out of I feel like. Or maybe I just think that cause I grew it? Can't wait for some of my citrus ones to be done, the citrus smells in flower are amazing! Takes me to the middle of an orchard again, with a hint of a nearby pot farm. 😂 Do they embellish? Yeah, probably a little bit. But there's only one way to find out.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    My Mexican Coke story has to do with an island called Roatan, on 9/11, with a $20 ounce of FYU weed, at night, with a desperate, need to replace a bottle of MC to get rid of cotton mouth. Snorkeling with an empty MC bottle, trying to catch bioluminescent sea life, like fireflies. Not all of them stung. In the end, we lit a candle to John Steth Pemberton for inventing Coke. Possibly the single best thing to get rid of diving mouth.
    All kidding aside. The sky was the most amazing one I've ever seen. Literally, no lights for many hundreds of miles. I counted at least 236.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    So you like your Mexican cola Gingerbeard my grower friend ..! Cannot be more Mexican than having my coka on a night full of stars smoking my Yucatan reefer with my friends on the top of the casa in my little adopted village Chuburna in the Yucatan and howling at the moon, now that's the real Coca-Cola Mexican style.

Buenas noches mi amigo, mantente seguro..!

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    What's in a name:

Fox Farm
    Ocean Forest
    Happy Frog
    Black Magic (soil)
    Miracle-Gro
    Jiffy-plug
    Bubbleponics

You have to give things clever names or they will disappear among other similar products. If someone recommends bat guano, is your first reaction to ask what brand or how much to use? If you recommended bat guano to someone else, would you first tell them to use a quantity of bat guano or tell them to use a brand of bat guano? If someone says, 'I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest.' to start a conversation around here, most everyone knows what FFOF is. Consider branding as intellectual property.

Are you more attracted to, 'Weed farms: Batch #00099233' for a name, or 'Happy Skunkberry Unicorns on Mushrooms?'

Nevermind. I just got hit with the dabs of crumble I blasted, a couple days ago, from 3 nameless plants grown in a friend's back yard. Planted in January. Ripped down on Sunday. What would have been several pounds of decent, cured bud, turned into a few ounces of moderate bud because the six construction sized, black garbage bags were rife with bud rot. Anyway, yeah. Nevermind. I just got hit with...`

That last paragraph might be the moral to the story.

Leave a comment:

• 420chicano
    commented on 's reply
    Anybody the Age of 61 (which I am ) Smoking this new Fangled Dispensary (Resin, Dipped Joints , Gummie Bears ) Products is asking for trouble..... lmao 😂Damn I will stick to smoking a BuD in my Favorite Pipe 😝

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Originally posted by FunkyButtLovin View Post
    Gingerbeard You chose Coke because you're masochistic. Pepsi is the clear winner.
    Sado......

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't purchased one in a long while. But I remember the best sodas being from fountains at movies and convenience stores.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I dump out Shasta and use the bottles for gravity bongs, RC is even worse than Shasta.

• 420chicano
    commented on 's reply
    Do they even make RC Cola😂 Anymore ...and Shasta lol 😂

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    It is a damn fine beverage Xena . I'll keep calling mine Mexican Coke since that's where it comes from. All they have to do is put a nutrition label on the bottle and they can sell their stuff, here. I prefer Mexican Coke. Thick, head basher bottles. The bottles more bottle rockets prefer to be rocketed from. Caused anarchy in, 'The Gods Must be Crazy.'

Yeah. About the only super cool thing you can do with plastic soda bottles is that Mentos in Diet Coke deal. Never done it myself. I want to freeze Mentos in a column of ice and drop it into the bottle. Plenty of time to put the cap on and blow it to hell. Or a block of ice Mentos in a 5 gallon bucket of DC?

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    commented on 's reply
    GB I agree with you about the coke but you don’t have to be close to the border to get the real sugar coke they sell it in my local store and we’re a hell of a long way from the border. Coke has sort of went to hell since the packaging changed, the old time small 6oz bottles could not be beat and the 16oz old bottles were a close second, all this plastic and cheap ass thin glass just doesn’t cut it.

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Same goes for the nutrients they are trying to sell us with all the gadgetry and the fancy names they use to lure us just look at today's strain's names Whatever happen to the old landraces of the past ? Back in my days weed was weed and we had just a few strains to smoke like Columbian Red, Acapulco Gold, Blue Hawaiian and Thai. There were no cross-breading back then. A sativa was a pure sativa and an indica was hash from the middle east. Go ahead some will agreed and some will not.

Now it's a big BIG big market and we fall for it by buying their so called best products.

Cheers,

FarmBuck

Leave a comment:

• 420chicano
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a product to them they Are selling..... to us it’s Weed/Pot /Marijuana....

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    That's how it is, you might have gotten several more types from the same batch of seeds.

• Tersky
    commented on 's reply
    I'll also add that i grew two Sour Diesel plants at the same time that tasted different. One had the typical sour d taste and smell and the other had little to no taste at all. Still cant figure out what i did differently other than they were different because they were seeds. Maybe the phenotypes were different and one had little to no taste idk.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X