Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go damn dog

Fellow growers ,

My dog ate around 3/4's of my fan leaves off my outdoor plant ! It's still in veg and around a foot high. I'm only just into spring so plenty of growing to do. Anyone have any idea of how much this may affect plant long term ? Asking as I'm only planning on growing the one for the season and want it to be a monster !

Dont be mad at the dog. He likes weed too.

Comment

Suggestion, get some chicken wire or something to make a small fence around your plant. My dogs don't touch my plants any more, except for the occasional sniffing of the leaves. I'm sure if they weren't supervised they would have them gone in no time though.

Comment

My lil brother would tell you to spray them with cyan pepper/water, the dogs and he claims spider mites wont touch the plant, and I'll add dont do it in flower unless you like spicy buds.
        BTW his claim is the mite drags its balls on the surface, and would you want cyan on your balls?

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Short answer..... no

1st timer grower here and I am also doing an outdoor grow. I had my 2 plants on the ground, plants were about a foot and a half tall and some animal chewed some of my bottom leaves and branches off. I did what dphipps1020 has recommended, I got some chicken fence and put around my plants. This happened back in June and they were able to recover and are doing fine. I'm getting real close to harvesting them. I do wonder though how many more buds would there have been had I fenced them from the beginning. I think if you fence them to keep the animals including your dog away they should be fine. I used 3 foot fencing from Home Depot.

Comment

Well, your dog shows good taste and discrimination. You should be proud. The plants will most likely recover and do fine.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X