Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st-Time Grower

Hey Everyone!

1st time grower here and thought I’d reach out to the veteran growers for some advice.

I’ve been growing a plant in my backyard this summer and I think it’s looking pretty healthy. My only concern is that the buds aren’t developing fast enough as there is only about 3 weeks or so left before the first frost is likely to hit. Looking online I’m seeing other people’s plants looking having much larger buds and I’m worried that I won’t have anything ready to harvest unless there’s a huge bud growth spurt in the next 3 weeks! Am I shit out of luck for this year? Lol

Attached Files

That's a good looking plant! I've no experience with outdoor grows but I'd say you'll likely get a bit off it, even if you have to harvest early. Might not reach its full potential but I think you'll have something by then. Roughly how long has it been flowering?

Comment

• DVSimz
      DVSimz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It’s been flowering for about a month I think. I’m not sure when the actual flowering starts. Is it when the little white hairs started to pop up?

🤞I hate to tell ya but she's gonna need at least a month and probably more like 6 weeks🤞

edit = one good thing is that you have her in a pot and not in the ground you can take it in at night and just hope for nice days
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• DVSimz
      DVSimz commented
      Editing a comment
      I was afraid of that....is there anything I can do on my end? Can I bring it inside if the weather starts getting too cold? Or in the garage during the night, and keep it outside during the day to get some light? The daytime temp should be steadily over 5 degrees C for at least another 6 weeks!

Edit: I see you answered my question in your edit! Thanks, I’ll give that a shot and hope for the best!
      Last edited by DVSimz; 09-17-2020, 05:43 AM.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah some areas the climate is just not ideal for the long flower times of MJ. Maybe next year you could try to grow an auto they start flowers alot sooner. Hope you can salvage a Z or two out of her before it freezes up. Good luck

Thanks!! Newbie question; what are the signs that show when it’s getting to cold and I’ll have to harvest?

Comment

Most can take 28*, but this is cold enuf to stop growth, if you can take her inside when the temps are below 50*F do that, take her back out when the temps are above 50*F, just try to maintain the same light/dark schedule. Or cover her,

Comment

Update pic 5 days after the first. Some extra growth but not really seeing any actual buds. Still looking another 4-6 weeks out? Will I see any rapid growth in the coming weeks. Weather is going to be warmer than usual with no frost for the next couple of weeks. Should I be giving the plant less sun during the days? Also not I’m mixing some purple on the edges of the leaves. Is that normal?
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes to 4-6wks out. Normal color leaf change as it gets cooler more color on leaf no worries. Yes leave as long as you can outdoors. I have placed big ones under a carport, made tepees using bamboo and plastic. I've had them in a garage and drag them out during Oct. Now i have a ez up canopy and a small hippie greenhouse for protection. It's a real love for growing and gardening doing out door weed it ain't for the weak of hearts cause it can really get discouraging but the rewards are bigger than indoor if you can get them to at minimum cloudy trichs. We need at least 4-6hrs now of full sun on them we wish we had more but time is not on our side.

Update Pic.

This is just over 2 weeks since my original post. I’ve been lucky with the weather too. Pretty warm days and hasn’t been below 3 degrees Celsius overnight.

I can tell that it’s making progress....hopefully I can get another 3-4 weeks of half-decent weather before I harvest!
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck ya that's sticking with her. Can you make a teepee of stakes and wrap plastic around it to keep her a bit protected? Else i've dragged them under cover and moved back out in what ever sun i can get from now till weather says no more growing.

• DVSimz
          DVSimz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I can definitely do that! What’s the purpose of the plastic wrap? To protect it from wind and rain? I can’t imagine it would help with the cold? And how do I know when the weather tells me no more growing? Lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X