New grower... she’s looking good though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower... she’s looking good though

So new grower and had no idea what I was doing, seen a clone and decided why not lol. Plant ended up flowering too soon and revegged it right away and turned out ok. Then spider mites attacked it and used neem oil to get rid of them.... she’s looking healthy now and had to bring her inside over that crazy cold front last week but didn’t seem to hurt her at all. Been fun and crazy learning experience. Not sure how much longer I have and still learning how to dry and cure. 2020 gave me a lot of time at home so this is what I did with it lol

Looks like you made good use of your time. She looks great!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Hello and lucky you with first fem. from a bag seed i was batting zero with bag seed this year LOL, males. Anyhoo.....can you put it outdoors at all during the day for light? She's got close to a month to finish i think. Good luck
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep definitely a good 4 to 6 wks. So how's your Thai ? I'm done with mine tomorrow..!

Yeah she’s back outside, we had a crazy cold front hit us and hit got below zero for a couple days and never warmed up during the day but that’s gone now and she’s back outside

Comment

Also does anyone have any info they can share on drying t and curing it, basically when I can harvest and what to do from there. Sorry very new to this and would love any info I can get

Comment

• Cocho
          Cocho commented
          Editing a comment
          What I do when it comes to drying and curing, is... I keep it real simple.

At harvest day, I trim away all of the larger leaves, not the sugar leaves (the leaves covered in tricomes, sticking out of the flower/bud itself), but the larger ones that catch the sun.

When I've gotten rid of all the "excess" leaves, I chop it. I make the cut at the base of the main stem, right above the soil. Then I hang the whole thing upside down from a hook, from the sealing inside my tent.

But since you're growing it outside, I would suggest finding somewhere "protected", and preferable a place where it stays dark (or kind of dark), with a stable temperature, with air circulation (wind) and not to humid.

Then I leave the plant there for X amount of days. There's no right answer here.. so what I do is feel it. I feel the plant.
          When the branches "snap" as I try to bend them, maybe even make a "crunching" sound, and/or the buds feel like popcorn. Firm and dry, but not brittle. Then it's time to harvest them and put them on a jar.

What I do next is placing a plastic bag underneath to catch what ever falls down, and I start trimming the rest of the excess leaves from the buds. Make them look a little bit more like "store weed". But I don't really care about that stuff.. I do it more to store the trimmings, which I either make hash out of, or dissolve in butter and bake into a Brownie or something like that.

Anyways.. when I've trimmed it all and put it on jar(s). I tend to start by monitoring the jars. If, or when, the inside of the jar starts "fogging" up, due to the excess moisture still inside the buds, I loosen the lid of the jar and leave it like that for about an hour. Then I close it again. This is keep on doing every 3-4 hours if I'm home, or whenever I can. Until the jar stops fogging up. Then I just leave it like that for a while. Maybe I'll "circulate" the weed inside the jar, make sure to move stuff around to aerate the buds.

This is my super simple process, but it works for small scale projects. For larger projects your might want to invest in a drying rack, or some more efficient trimming tools. Because trimming 1 plant alone can take 2 hours, easily.. so just imagine having to trim 4-6 plants alone.

Anyways.. good look to you. And congrats on a nice looking plant!

PS! I would say she has about 1 month or so left from what I can tell from the pictures.

- C

They're nice plants 4sure. You have to have a way to magnify the trichomes and it depends what high you are looking for. There's apps for your phone that makes your camera a magnifier I use one called "cosy magnifier and microscope" it's not great but works and you can take pictures with it. It will get you by until you decide on a better magnifier or hell it works. Here's some pictures to show you how to read the trichomes and at what point to harvest to your preference. You can go over to the main GWE site and search trichomes or when to harvest for more in depth information
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MeEasy
          MeEasy commented
          Editing a comment
          One other thing make sure you look at more than one bud because they will ripen at different rates like any fruit or vegetable does. I like to let some get a little more ripe and keep em separate from the other you have a choice of an up high or a bedtime high from the same plants

I would like note of the couch weed than anything, relax high that puts me out

Comment

Also one more thing if anyone can help. I have some amber mason jars, will those work well for the drying and curing part

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            You say you do want couch lock? and yes those amber jars are great for curing. Just when you harvest hang them in branch sections for couple days check for dryness of stems bend them don't let them dry out and snap. Open jars everyday for hr. for a week at least. Don't let rain or dew lay on those buds shake it and give her protection she is needing air flow to help prevent molds now so look at the plant daily or at least 2x a day if you have high humidity.

Nice thank you for the info

Comment

What do you guys do with all your trimmings and stems, I just bought a rosin press to mess around with for fun but would like some other ideas on what to do with it

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I know nothing about that squeezing pressing i've never done that nor smoke it. I've just made decarb trimmings suger leaf and small buds into butter. Lots of folks here do that what your asking hang in there you'll get many answers LOL

I’ll for sure make some butter to make other things with but didn’t know if people make tea or anything like that

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes just read an article about weed tea. They say to decarb low temp in oven till dry seep it in a tea ball like you would loose leaf tea. They also said you could add additional reg. tea leaf for flavor or any kind of tea.

She’s getting really close, buds are getting bigger

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Real nice looking plant

So got my microscope and this is what she looks like, what do you guys think?
            Attached Files

Comment

• kayakiit
              kayakiit commented
              Editing a comment
              Woah, incredible to see the trichromes and overall texture in such detail! Thanks for sharing with those of us who don't have microscopes.

Originally posted by Yamkoos View Post
            So new grower and had no idea what I was doing, seen a clone and decided why not lol. Plant ended up flowering too soon and revegged it right away and turned out ok. Then spider mites attacked it and used neem oil to get rid of them.... she’s looking healthy now and had to bring her inside over that crazy cold front last week but didn’t seem to hurt her at all. Been fun and crazy learning experience. Not sure how much longer I have and still learning how to dry and cure. 2020 gave me a lot of time at home so this is what I did with it lol
            I wouldn't have guessed this was your first grow, turned out beautifully! Way to go defeating the spider mites.

Comment

Here’s some bud I got this morning, so you can see what it looks like when you smoke it. Some Kush Mints at 36% it says
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Well gotta say it looks like 36% THC but who knows LOL sure is a snowy looking bud that's a fact.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X