Tincture THC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tincture THC

Hi there does anyone here make tinctures from their weed? Or have experience taking them? I make my own; one individual is having a complete psychoactive high from the tincture and one is having no psychoactive high. Is this a metabolism issue?

Some people dont get high. Have they ever gotten high before? Or is it just the tincture that is not getting them high? Have they ever ingested THC and gotten high? Those are the questions i would want to ask.
    It's completely possible to use cannabis and not feel high. If you can relate, here's why it happens.

Comment

Hi Tersky and thank you for the response,.

he has smoked pot, not a big smoker. not sure about edibles, but i would imagine at one point he has tried. He is working on his second batch with no psychoactive effects. the medicinal effects are experienced which are stated as being very good. One person takes 4 drops and is very high and this guy takes 20ml throughout day with relaxing and good sleep effects.

the recipe I use is from Wake + Bake with Corrine Tobias. I asked her on the forum page and the response was a bit vague- liver metabolism or tolerance. He took a load at once of the tincture with same result.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it is just his body. Not sure if it is metabolism or what but everything effects people differently. Like people with adhd calm down with stimulants type of thing.

Yes, I've made tinctures and that is one of many products available in the stores.

With edibles, your liver converts the THCa or THC delta-9 if decarboxylated and converts it to THC delta-11. This is a form of THC you won't experience by smoking, it is something only the liver and science can do. There are some people whose liver does not convert this and they feel no real effects. There are also other people, regular smokers like myself that don't notice much of a difference until you get in the 100mg range.

Tincture though, if held under the tongue enters the blood system much faster and does not go through the digestive process. So, It might be one is a heavyweight and the other is a lightweight. Not uncommon. My buddy needs a 5mg edible, I need 100mg and we both wind up in the same place.

Comment

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Decarbing your base stock is vital to making a psycho-active tincture.
        I extract my concentrate using cryo-ethanol and a vacuum kettle for post-processing.

BlueberryGIrl, I have to agree. I don't get high when I use tincture. I thought it was due to the way I decarboxelize the weed but that wasn't it. I read some where to eat something fat. That will bond the THC molecules better or something like that. But I hav'nt had any luck. I'm not giving up. LOL

Comment

Every night 2 hrs. before bedtime. 2ml Indica Tinc & .5 gram decarbed bud. Slight hallucinogenic, paralytic bliss.

Comment

• BlueberryGIrl
          BlueberryGIrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Quirk the Tincture you are making in the photos-are you letting that steep for a few days? The decarbed bud, you are ingesting that with the yogurt as a type of catalyst or is that just practical? thank you.

BlueberryGIrl. I had to look up "steep" and by the definition, no. After I let 8 oz. of Everclear and 13-15 grams of decarbed flower sit separately for minimum 18hrs. in the freezer, I combine and shake vigorously throughout the next day to strip the cannabinoids, then suspend bag to drip dry. I then reduce to 4 oz. and it's ready to go. I add the decarb flower to extend sleep time and eliminate dreams. Without Indica tincture I have horrible insomnia and the same anxiety producing dreams. This work for me.

Comment

• BlueberryGIrl
          BlueberryGIrl commented
          Editing a comment
          good to know and thank you. am going to pass this on to a friend of mine who has similar issue with sleep.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          It's the reason why our family uses more Indica we need that THC.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X