X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor heavy top

Hi guys.
    I have a good problem, non the less still a problem πŸ˜„

My indoor plants are making heavy buds, and the plants are tipping over from the weight. Anyone have a good and practical way of holding them up? Don't really want to tie them as its bad for them.

Appreciate all the comments.

Bamboo stakes - yoyo kinda things you hang from above.....
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• ElGranjero
      ElGranjero commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking this, but I wonder at this time putting bamboo sticks inside the pot, may harm the roots.
      I did once as a newbie hang the plants, huge mistake, they really didn't like it.

I use the yoyos https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Not perfect but also doesn't tear up roots. Also with those plants i was doing hydro and didnt have a good way of sticking bamboo in the res lid. Trellis netting is another way but that seems more difficult than the yoyos to me. I've seen commercial growers who use trellis netting and it makes sense in their setups, but for my small grows the yoyos i found to be the easiest. Just make sure when you use the yoyos to give a tiny bit of slack so they buds dont look like they are being hung at the gallows but not enough for them to flop. Interested to see others answers cause i know we got some stoner ingenuity here.

Comment

Stakes are good, but watch your eyeballs. Put some big marshmallows or something on the end of them. Yo-yos are great but if you can, put up a scrog net for support. If not, string from the branch to the bar at top of your tent.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Preach brother, I still have a scare from that exact issue

I have the same issue as you. Bamboo are fine - just slide them down the outside of the pot rather than sticking it through the centre. Works perfect

Comment

I've staked my ladies a few times with no issues, even putting it right next to the trunk. Yeah it may damage a few roots, but I haven't had it be enough to hurt the plants. That is just my experience though, not saying it can't happen. I recently had to tie up a droopy hydro plant due to lack of places to put in a stake. I got some 550 paracord from Wal-Mart and a few spring loaded clips. I tied the clips on one end like they are on the ratchet rope hangers I use for my lights. I slid the clip onto the branches carefully and tied the other end to a pole above. Worked pretty good for me. And I left them tied so I can reuse them later if I need to. The cord was about $5 for 50' and the clips were less than $2 for a 2 pack. Basically bought a bunch of yo-yo hangers for a fraction of the price.

Comment

Yeah I usually use a net and let the plants grow into it, but I've a different set up and now there's a small problem. Anyways,
          ​​​​​thanks guys for all the info, really appreciated.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X