C-19 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-19 50

Here I am, doing my thing. Reminiscing about the past year. I will, officially, be an official middle-aged man in five days. I'm shooting for a dab for each year to celebrate.

But what sticks out, to me, the most, you might have asked? It's not sick people or the nepotistic pig in the white house. It's not food shortages or a second stimulus check. It's images of people in warehouse stores with pallets full of toilet paper and Brawny. Do those people still have hundreds of rolls stocked somewhere? In years to come, you mark my word, storage facilities will be spate with storage unit auctions. 9 out of 10 of these units will be filled with toilet paper, rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizers, masks, and Brawny, and be considered superfund sites. Upcoming, unfortunate, housefires will be exceptionally hot for those who keep their stores in their garages.

Many things have happened, this year. But damned if'n it ain' paper products that get me going.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Welcome to the club! Good luck with the moribund Black Dominas. Those are too nice to die before their time.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I didn’t have tons of TP before hand and I didn’t go nuts when it was finally available again but I’ve slowly been stockpiling TP, P towels, bleach, laundry soap, around here you still can’t find alcohol (rubbing alcohol), Lysol (spray or wipes). We were lucky on most things because I do all our shopping and I’m cheap so I sale hunt and buy the hell outta things that don’t go bad (coffee on sale for great price, I’m in for 20-30). This whole thing ain’t done yet and I think round two will be worse and this time by god I’ll be able to wipe my ass.

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW....Happy Birthday! Food for thought....my life went to hell after 50. Turn 50, work every day had no doctor and no problems (health wise anyway). Turn 51 just got out of ICU, can’t work, can’t walk more than 100yds, and have about 6 different doctors.

Toilet seat bidets are the bees knees just saying!
      4x4 flower tent
      sour dream
      Blue Diesel
      Trainwreck
      platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
      Green Dream
      Sour Dream
      blue dream
      Freakshow

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        If I can make it there, in time.

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Re: bidet. Isn't the water cold, and don't u still have to wipe away the water?
        So many difficult decisions in the modern world.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I've always imagined the water would run down the back of my legs Ckbrew . I would rather not have bum wash running down the back of my legs. Let's change the subject.

Thanks Xena .

For me, it's a 3-pack a week of the Scotchbrite sponges with the green scrubber on a side.

It all started happening when I turned 40. Several kidney stones. Blew a hole in my colon. For that, I received 'Welcome to the Club' of the pain of childbirth. Two nurses said it's supposed to be that, or worse. Subsequent removal of said length of colon. Blood clots. A wee bit of Judo-itis from landing on my neck. Arthritises. Forced into an early retirement. And stuff.

Holy shit! Am I complaining about getting old? Damnit! What?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

It's certainly been a year of change, no milk to buy, and when it came back they gave it away! I had plenty of TP and PTs, still do, the freezer is also full now thanx to the hand outs (ok I put this springs blackberries in the freeze rather than making wine). I dont go to all, but if they are in my hood, and the lines aren't a mile long, why not?
        But that dont even scratch the surface of the changes, I cut the PO box loose and got my street mail back (been fighting for this for 15 years). So I start changing addresses, my auto insurance said they must raise the bill by over $200 a year because I moved. Well shorten the story, the new insurance is 60% of the cost of my original insurer for a year instead of 6 months.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I tout USAA for us US vets.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Equity went out Safeco came in.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait... I don't own a car, but had one with USAA.

Welcome to the Club! It's a big one and not very exclusive. As a product of the sixties and now just short of seventy, I have one piece of advice that everyone ignores, "Don't Grow Old'. You have little to gain and a lot to lose. The knowledge, experience and wisdom you gained through your life's journey is highly over rated. By the time you recognize it's true value, you will have forgotten most of it. Light up a bowl, put on the"Dead" and relax. It's a long strange trip.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          How very well said. I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Remember 'Mork and Mindy'? On Ork, you aged backwards. Born old, died young. What a dream. Diapers to diapers.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          Diapers to diapers no matter which way you age my friend.

Happy Birthday my Gingerbeard -ed friend!
        Can you tell me what the official beginning of middle age is, because it feels like I've been here forever, lol.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          I guarantee she needed it, LOL. You might wanna get that fan. Mano-pause

• Hammer53
          Hammer53 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha Ha Ha Gingerbeard. You ain't seen nothing yet !! But it's real good time if you want to enjoy it. You end up laughing at so many things, and so many people. Just wait you will see.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          lol.....what he’s calling middle aged I called the start of being an old fart.

Hammer53 , my old friend. Keep up with a few of my posts. I am Mr. Sunshine and bring joy to the world with humor, irony, sarcasm, and fashion advise. Usually, at others' expense. More often, at my own.

AccidentalGardener , women don't understand about mano-pause. You just don't! My boobs hurt.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          lmao...yes...yes I do understand. (dyin )

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Whatever...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X