Help me out to choose my next strain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me out to choose my next strain...

With this stupid pandemic it looks like it's gonna be a long winter here up north. Usually wife and I spend our winter in the Yucatan with our expat friends from all over Canada and the USA but this year we are not sure if we will be able to fly to our little refuge. So I've been reading a lot about two strains that won a lot of awards from Serious Seeds. The old classic AK-47 I used to grow when I was a young and foolish adult and the mystical Kali Mist, a almost pure sativa from the past.

So here the deal if I'm force to stay here in the miserable bloody cold this year all by myself with wife Lord have mercy on my soul lollll You decide which one I should grow and I'll keep a journal this winter on how they are progressing.

Cheers,

Farmbuck

PS : AK-47 she won 27 awards (from 1997 to 2018)

OR

Kali Mist she won 14 awards ( from 1995 to 2018)
    AK-47
    42.11%
    Kali Mist
    57.89%
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-10-2020, 06:17 PM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

I wish I could help you out but my AK47 turned out to be something else. I'd recommend trying a brand-new boutique strain that will challenger your prowess as an artisan.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I say grow both as Canadian winter rarely fail to disappoint for cold and long.

Comment

Whichever one takes the longest to grow.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Classic AK-47, it's a good one. I have some AK-49 seeds but haven't popped them until I do a few more sativas with it. Sometimes it's hard to manage canopy height when you have a squat indica and a stretchy sativa. Do you have room for a seed of each?

Comment

I vote sativa. Everytime.

Comment

FYI A Kali Mist grow report for your reading... I'm leaning toward for Kali Mist

Kali Mist strain is arguably the top Sativa strain available on the market today, she is often called the Queen of Sativas. She grows into classical Sativa plants with very few leaves, producing much higher yields than you would expect. This strain produces dense clusters of full spirally buds.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• BR2K
                BR2K commented
                Editing a comment
                Frick, I might get me some 'o dat!!!

• UndergroundFarmer
                UndergroundFarmer commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got KM on my wish list. I hear it's supposed to be especially good against menstrual cramps, which might benefit some of my housemates.

I don’t think either one can compare to the Asian beauties you’ve been posting......damn I like a pretty Asian

Comment

I know nothing of the Kali Mist but i can vouch for AK-47. Shes a beautiful plant with a terrible name.lol Rather sweet, with a little citrus. Always was my best photo producer for last three grows. Im with JohnEmad grow both..haha Cant go wrong with AK though.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by Farmbuck View Post
                  With this stupid pandemic it looks like it's gonna be a long winter here up north. Usually wife and I spend our winter in the Yucatan with our expat friends from all over Canada and the USA but this year we are not sure if we will be able to fly to our little refuge. So I've been reading a lot about two strains that won a lot of awards from Serious Seeds. The old classic AK-47 I used to grow when I was a young and foolish adult and the mystical Kali Mist, a almost pure sativa from the past.

So here the deal if I'm force to stay here in the miserable bloody cold this year all by myself with wife Lord have mercy on my soul lollll You decide which one I should grow and I'll keep a journal this winter on how they are progressing.

Cheers,

Farmbuck

PS : AK-47 she won 27 awards (from 1997 to 2018)

OR

Kali Mist she won 14 awards ( from 1995 to 2018)
                  which seed bank will you be or did used for the proposed grow? Just asking because the genetics seem to vary. I was going to visit the seed bank for details then chime in with a vote..

O winter is predicted to be a B..." in the great north this year...

Comment

• Farmbuck
                    Farmbuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm leaning toward Kali Mist from Serious Seeds and maybe some AK-47 from RQS.

I read that Western Winds is the most original "Kali Mist" than the one from Serious Seeds, she has a bit of Afghan in her (the Serious Seeds strain) reduce the flowering time.
                    Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-13-2020, 02:50 PM.

Hey farmbuck - I checked out both but the one I would prefer is https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/femi...-royal-ak.html. I like the tried and true classic strains and this one has it all "tweaked of coarse".

I lean towards regular seeds.

Comment

Well i really do understand your feelings Farmbuck you know i do LOL.........warmth. So i did vote for the AK but like others have said do both. I like to grow different strains together just for shits and giggles oh yeah the challenge of it all it's how i pass the long rainy days of winter in the PNW at least in the past who the heck knows what the friggin weather will be like this winter? Hey maybe it won't be bad and you can learn to love " Monopoly" again baawwwwwaaaaaaaahaaaha
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOLLLLL Well if Wife and I are force stay at home in the frigid cold called Canada this winter I might as well start a second grow for the winter to keep me busy and away from the damn snow and Siberian cold lolll. Usually I do vary my strains. So far I grew this year some Northern Lights (auto), White Widow (auto), Lemoncello Haze, Peyote Critical and of course Nepal Jam and Thai Chi. I got some Kali China and Red Lebenese left. So yes I will diversify my strains including the AK-47, Kali Mist and maybe some Blue Dream for Wife.

i agree but keeping the strain genetics close allows one solution.. Kudos to the ones who do not mind mixing up multiple 5 gallon buckets of solution..

O I grow with coco, perhaps growing in dirt is more manageable with largely different strains..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL Farmbuck we do not need to take up cross stitch although calming i can't sit that long yet....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X