New grow space advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grow space advice

I had a few hiccups at the start of this grow but have seemingly worked them out and all my new growth is looking good and think I’ll actually make it to a small harvest with these and have 4 more that will be starting in very late fall or early winter and I think with what I’ve learned in the 1st grow plus with the help and support of all you great people that it will be better. Right now I’m in a 3x3x6’ tent and plan to continue with it running 4 autos at a time. I have figured that it will not hit my goal weight for a year so I have to expand a little. My choices are either a 2.3’x2.3’x6’ tent inside that I can run 12mos or I have a room in my garage that I can easily build two 2x2x8 plus I have enough room to run 4 autos plus veg 2 photos to move into the 2x2s when the first ones finish. On this room I’ll have an extra two feet of height and plenty of room but the draw back is I live in midwestern state and summers are 90 deg. and humid a lot of the summer and will not be cooling the room and will also only be able to get 2 grows in during the warmer weather. What would you guys do? I need to be deciding by fall because if I’m building my own in the garage it’ll take me all winter to get it done so I can plant in the spring.

That's a kind of problem I want: Build a room or use a tent. I would have to go with a room. But the heat is a big drawback. I'm in the middle of 85°+ with the same humidity. Also using a 3x3. It's a drag because I leave my front door open to get sunlight on the plants. It's a give-and-take whether to turn on the A/C and lose the light or keep the door open and suffer with my weed.
    Have you considered a perpetual harvest? Using a smaller tent to veg while the larger flowers? When the flowering is done, move the small tent plants to the large one and start over. You can, with the right timing, harvest your four plants every ten weeks, or so.
    Since I'm having my go with weather, and know things will cool off in the next couple months, I'm going to time my next grow so the weather is cooling off when I get into vegging, and nice and cool for night time temps. I'll be using my first tent, a 2x3x4.5, to get my next seeds going. It actually is a 2x3x4.5 that I can separate into a 2x2 flowering chamber and a 1x2 seedling/clone/early chamber. It's a small perpetual harvest tent. Did me real fine when I got to planting.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Do you have an attached garage or detached? How hot does it get say mid July? My first grow was in the garage and was moving along swimmingly until July...then it got soo f@ckin hot in there i had to air condition my garage. Wasnt a cheap grow by any means. Moved my tent into the basement lol. I just look at the bright side...my garage is air conditioned now.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Detached....pole barn. It usually stays cooler than outside air but when it hits 95 with 95% RH that ain’t saying much. Since it’s a fairly small room (about 5’x8’) I may be able to A/C it but don’t really want to. I was afraid that might be a problem not knowing how hot would screw my grow up. I’m used to being in my bedroom, always 75-80 and 38-40% RH.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought i would be ok but didnt take into account, two lights running, three fans and another fan/filter system. I was pushing upper 90s before i cooled it down. I have a 2 car detached so it'll heat up quicker than a pole barn.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X