Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swegrow
    commented on 's reply
    I dont think you should top them if they have started to flower or are close. If you have enough veg time to let them recover and bounce back and then some go ahead and top.

• Grundogg
    commented on 's reply
    I didn’t see this before.. only comments 9-11 lol. Thanks the tips. Ima play around w diff pruning techniques and see where it takes me

• Grundogg
    commented on 's reply
    That’s actually a really good idea. thanks! I’m gonna try to keep pruning and lst. Question re topping: I’ve always topped, well, from the top, and earlier on. If I were to literally cut the sativa in half, basically topping to the extreme, would that present a problem? Keep in mind these 2 plants have only been outside up until the last 3 days w no time under real lights and I haven’t used any nutes. Thanks!

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    The water thing I can relate.
    With all the outdoor plants I just had in the garden and the tent, You have to set a couple of hours off to nursing them 😁.

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    Sometimes it's pretty rough, especially if I haven't looked at them for a few days. Takes a couple hours to water usually because I look at them while they're out of the tent. There's 24 in there now and 2 mini plants after taking 2 out last night.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t ever think I’m switching to hydro. Buys it’s just because I’m so comfy with the soil 😁.
    But yea you have a lot of tents, good you can manage the whole thing when you have days off 😅😅

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I've been doing one hydro and the rest are in soil. Was doing multiple hydro but it's too hard to take care of because they get so big so fast, so I decided to go down to one. Yeah I have a lot of trimming to do. My hydro is probably going to be dry enough to trim today and the rest have a few days. I dry trim cause it's easier for me. Luckily I can plan it for my days off, I just have to give them about 4-5 days to dry. Definitely won't complain about the yields because it's all good weed. Even my doggies love it 😂

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I rather have quality over quantity.
    You have some trim to do, the next couple of days.
    So you are growing both hydro and soil ?

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    I think you might be right. I have a pretty good feeling about it. I haven't trimmed and weighed my hydro yet. I also cut off some heavy tops from a couple girls, cut one down completely and will be cutting another tonight or tomorrow. The one I cut down already tonight is probably my lowest yielder, but I should still get close to 28g of really good weed.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    20 ounce is a good amount ! I really hope you get this champ 😎.
    Haha at least a few weeks 😂. I think you and me are the same smoker type of guy😅.

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    That's the problem I was running into. My yields were terrible so I was smoking it faster than it was growing. Now that I got my yields up, I hopefully shouldn't have that problem any more. I think I'll be fine once my cycles start falling into place more and I'm harvesting every 4-5 weeks. Just need a little more time for that but this harvest should keep me going until then, I hope. It better, I'm estimating 20+ oz this time. Should last at least a few weeks anyway 😂

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I’m currently growing 9 in a tent and I just had 15 outside.
    If I’m not getting over 400 grams in the tent. I’m buying a second tent for veg. And keep the other for bloom.
    Because I can’t keep up either with what I’m smoking😅

• swegrow
    replied
    Another option might be to flower the 2 big girls by removing them from the tent and put them in darkness for 12h? It takes some job but I did it once with slow outdoor plants, carried them inside and locked them.up in a dark closet every evening and put them.out again in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    commented on 's reply
    I definitely understand that. Cutting them in half could work too, basically topping them at that point. You can even go all the way down to the first node on each if you wanted to. Since they're photoperiod strains and you have plenty of time to play with them, you could even try manifolding them. Takes some time and will keep your plant a little smaller because of the multiple toppings you have to do. But ultimately it will create more colas and give you a wide, even canopy while giving you a chance to experiment a little.
    by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

• Grundogg
    commented on 's reply
    We def need more tents. This is our first one. We are slowly introducing the idea of growing flowers and herbs and veggies indoors to the kids by putting a tent in our upstairs study. I dont want them to all of a sudden wake up one morning to find a plantation in the basement... although I’m sure that will happen 1 day. For now I’m trying to keep it small scale, but for sure will end up w more tents eventually. Thanks for the advice. What do you think would happen if I literally cut these larger plants in half? and then LST the remaining branches? I’ve just started reading up on all the diff pruning and training techniques...but not sure if the plants are too old now...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X