Thoughts on Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Harvest

This is my first grow and therefore my first harvest. I have a Northern Lights which I believe is getting close to harvest. My goal for this plant is to get that relaxing calming effect so I am trying to wait to harvest as long as I can. I have read on GWE to wait until the trichomes are milky and no longer clear. I haven't noticed any milky trichomes but there is amber present. My guess is another week or two it should be about ready but I don't have any experience with this so I don't really know. I would appreciate any input or thoughts on harvesting and if in fact I am getting close.

Looks like what I just chopped today.
    Attached Files

Comment

• gman420
      gman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really nice! I am hoping for similar results with mine.

gman420 this is my first grow too. Good luck bud.

Comment

I'd say your very close..from pics most trichomes are milky. Personally i would go a bit longer till i saw a bit of amber showing. I'd go with your gut feeling..a week, maybe two. Looks Good!
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• gman420
        gman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks homegrown. I appreciate your input and I agree. I am going with my gut on this and I am planning on pushing it another week maybe even 2. I would like to see more amber color similar to jb4point0 pics.

Im patiently waiting on a few ladies right now...week or two.
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• gman420
        gman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice pics! Did you take those with your phone camera or was it a Canon or Nikon camera?

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Iv got a cheap digital wifi microscope..amazon i think. crap..cant post a pic in comments. I'll put a pic up

Are you checking the trichomes on the leaves or are you checking them on the calyx? Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the trichomes on the calyx (technically bract) and the calyx is the one you want to be looking at. An old saying - when you think it's done, wait two weeks. But you are spot on, checking the trichomes is the best way to determine ripeness.

Comment

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        gman420 homegrown haha, yeah, that would have been good too. Sorry for the confusion.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        no worries ChadWestport, i understood the terminology but most beginner growers probably dont. Nothing wrong with your reply..but it did send gman420 on a search to see what you were referring to lol. Gotta use the KISS method here...keep it simple.......... and welcome to the forum.

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers and thank you. homegrown

Their not great by any means, but it does what i need it to do. See trichomes up close.
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• gman420
        gman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I may have to get one of those.

The calyx is the bud essentially. Individuals are seen in the picture, but when they grow close together they form in dense nugs.Click image for larger version

Name:	macro-detail-cannabis-calyx-sour-600w-1077283832.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	446459

Comment

• gman420
        gman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the explanation. I did go to GWE and searched it to get a better understanding of what it was.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X