• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    Cheers and thank you. homegrown

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    no worries ChadWestport, i understood the terminology but most beginner growers probably dont. Nothing wrong with your reply..but it did send gman420 on a search to see what you were referring to lol. Gotta use the KISS method here...keep it simple.......... and welcome to the forum.

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    gman420 homegrown haha, yeah, that would have been good too. Sorry for the confusion.

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks homegrown for your input and the comments on the pics and I'm relaxing. The terminology was new to me but I asked for input and everybody explains things differently. Had he said the "bud" portion it would have made more sense to me. Thanks again!

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the explanation. I did go to GWE and searched it to get a better understanding of what it was.

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I may have to get one of those.

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    homegrown These are botanical terms, which are designed to create uniform discussion terminology. I prefer to be as descriptive and precise as possible. Could be my background though. His plants do look good, I definitely agree, just trying to inform this person where he needs to check for accurate ripeness determination.

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Hey gman420, just relax..Chad is spewing out a lot of big words..not sure if he knows what hes talking about. Your pics are fine..they show the whole bud..(bract,calyx and sugar leaves)lol...all look good. patience...

• ChadWestport
    replied
    The calyx is the bud essentially. Individuals are seen in the picture, but when they grow close together they form in dense nugs.Click image for larger version

Name:	macro-detail-cannabis-calyx-sour-600w-1077283832.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	446459

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    Their not great by any means, but it does what i need it to do. See trichomes up close.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    commented on 's reply
    Iv got a cheap digital wifi microscope..amazon i think. crap..cant post a pic in comments. I'll put a pic up

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    ChadWestport I am pretty new to growing so I don't have all the terminology down yet. I honestly am not sure I know what the calyx actually is but I am looking all over the plant not just at the leaves through the scope. I'm going to look to see what the calyx is now so that way I know for sure. Thanks for the input!!

• gman420
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice pics! Did you take those with your phone camera or was it a Canon or Nikon camera?

• ChadWestport
    replied
    Are you checking the trichomes on the leaves or are you checking them on the calyx? Trichomes on the leaves will mature faster than the trichomes on the calyx (technically bract) and the calyx is the one you want to be looking at. An old saying - when you think it's done, wait two weeks. But you are spot on, checking the trichomes is the best way to determine ripeness.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    Im patiently waiting on a few ladies right now...week or two.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X