Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about light wattage and amount of plants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about light wattage and amount of plants.

Hiya. I have two gelato OG plants vegging right now. I also have a wedding cake plant that I've just been letting sit in a window sill and I was considering putting it into the veg room. I heard from somewhere that if I do I'll need new lights if I add the other plant.

I'm worried that if I do bring the WC plant into the veg room it will take away the light from the other two gelato plants and then they will deteriorate or something. I have three 25 W bulbs and one 100 W LED. Any tips? I don't want to throw this WC plant out and I cannot afford more lights.

I was told as a rule of thumb, 35w per sq ft veg, 60w per sq ft bloom.

Comment

I’m only concerned with the amount of light during flower. Unless you’re concerned with the speed to which a plant grows during veg all that matters is that the plant is kept alive and in the vegetative state

Comment

Adding a plant will take away light? Whaaaat? Like Xena said, 35 watts per sq is good. 50 is better. Go ahead and throw her in there.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• coolguy122333
          coolguy122333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Will the other two plants grow slower? I just want fast vegetative growth.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          No they won't grow any slower for having an xtra plant.

Did I supercrop my plants too hard? They tops are very loose and floppy, also where I topped it it's all dark.

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats not good, maybe an infected site. Can you upload pics?

Huh i don't see anything
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Plants won't steal light unless they are blocking the other plants from receiving it. Plants blocking plants has a physical response on the plants called "shade response". If there is too much shade response, your yields can suffer.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X