Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about light wattage and amount of plants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChadWestport
    replied
    Plants won't steal light unless they are blocking the other plants from receiving it. Plants blocking plants has a physical response on the plants called "shade response". If there is too much shade response, your yields can suffer.

Leave a comment:

• ChadWestport
    commented on 's reply
    Thats not good, maybe an infected site. Can you upload pics?

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Huh i don't see anything

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    No they won't grow any slower for having an xtra plant.

• coolguy122333
    replied
    Did I supercrop my plants too hard? They tops are very loose and floppy, also where I topped it it's all dark.

Leave a comment:

• coolguy122333
    commented on 's reply
    Will the other two plants grow slower? I just want fast vegetative growth.

• Gluteous
    replied
    Adding a plant will take away light? Whaaaat? Like Xena said, 35 watts per sq is good. 50 is better. Go ahead and throw her in there.

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    replied
    I’m only concerned with the amount of light during flower. Unless you’re concerned with the speed to which a plant grows during veg all that matters is that the plant is kept alive and in the vegetative state

Leave a comment:

• Xena
    replied
    I was told as a rule of thumb, 35w per sq ft veg, 60w per sq ft bloom.

Leave a comment:

• Question about light wattage and amount of plants.

Hiya. I have two gelato OG plants vegging right now. I also have a wedding cake plant that I've just been letting sit in a window sill and I was considering putting it into the veg room. I heard from somewhere that if I do I'll need new lights if I add the other plant.

I'm worried that if I do bring the WC plant into the veg room it will take away the light from the other two gelato plants and then they will deteriorate or something. I have three 25 W bulbs and one 100 W LED. Any tips? I don't want to throw this WC plant out and I cannot afford more lights.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X