Newbie Needs Help - Damaged Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Needs Help - Damaged Leaves

I'm brand new and this is my first grow. Autoflower - Train Wreck. I germinated seed on 09-01-20. Radicle emerged on 09-03-20 and planted that same day using Foxfarm Happy Frog Potting Soil in a 2 gallon aerated bag. It sprouted the very next day on 09-04-20 and the seed coat was stuck on one of the cotyledon leaves. When the seed coat came off a piece of husk from the seed was still on the cotyledon and it never came off (see photo). However I don’t think that is a concern.

On 09-07-20 I discovered damage to both ends of the fan leaves. In addition there is a white substance on all the leaves (see photo). The damage to the fan leaves and the white substance may or may not be related to each other. In fact neither of those concerns may be a problem, but being that I am new - I am unsure. It’s a 3’ x 3’ grow tent with a Mars Hydro TS1000 LED Light which is 28” from seedling. Any input of potential causes and solutions will be greatly appreciated.

I think you have light burn. I’m using same light and it’s too much for babies, I had mine under cfl for about a week or so and then went to the ts1000 at about 36-40” running 50% power for about another week.

Comment

Hey, Echam . Your plants look fine. The cotyledons are the rounded edge leaves you see. Those are the first your plant grows. They will fall off. If you see the same thing on the pointy leaves, the fans, then you have something going on with nutes or pH.
      The white stuff may just be white stuff. It's nothing I can see in the pictures. May be nothing more than splash from watering. Don't try to wipe anything off or you might damage the fragile seedling. Keep one of your eyes on it.
      Check your manufacturers recommendations about your light distance. 28" Seems a little low. The plants will start growing pretty fast. Keep the light a little out of reach so it can grow into it.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Thank you Xena. Thank you Gingerbread

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X