bubble hash question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubble hash question

So Im gonna have a go at ice water hash. Ive watch a few vids and have some trim, not a ton but we'll see. My bag set came yesterday. My question is how do you usually go about drying the hash after collection? 1 vid mentioned mold so I just wanna be sure I go about it right. so any experienced advice would be helpful. Thanks
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

I used a small screen that came with my bags. The hash went on the screen, which was placed on several layers of paper towels, folded over, and pressed. The resulting glob was put on a plate. The glob got chopped up with a razor blade as it dried. I was smoking hash within 24 hours.
    If you didn't get the small screen, just use your smallest micron bag.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, it came with the screen.

So I got 2 good piles off the 40 and 25 bags. i kept them separate , should I just mix em all up when I done with the 2nd go?

Comment

That's what I did. I mean, it's all getting smoked, yeah?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

hell yeah it is!!!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Good man...

if you're a purist or are interested in the difference, you could keep em separated. I just mix it all together.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be nice to have enough hash, in two bags, to separate and look for a difference. I prefer my weed live resin blasted so have only done BH once. My BH was good but I get much more return when blasting. Maybe I'll try dry-ice, next.

sorry i have only a question to add to discussion meaning when everyone says trim is that the shake off of buds in curing?
        Also i have the leaves from the defoliation process can i use that, i froze it. plus i kept all the bud leaves that i trimmed separate from defo leaves and also frozen. its my first time bubble hash or dry ice my question is for both i have 8 bag bubblebagdude bags and can do either way. didnt want to throw leaves from defoliation out if they could be used thanks in advance for reply's if any. also can anyone tell me in msg how to set up all my stats ez: lights soil and so on

Comment

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          The defoliation leaves depending on time taken probably have no trichomes so are of no use in making hash. That being said ones with trichomes trimmed much more than a week or so before harvest may have much weaker THC in their trichomes. The only trim I use when making hash is from what is collected when harvesting.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think the fan leaves from defol. are good for anything except compost or trash can.

i just made a big glob but it still isnt dry. I cant get a razor through it just sticks like gum. So Ive been tossing it on top on bowl packs. but it is yummy

Comment

I made bubble for first time this year. I ran 4 different bags and kept them separated for a while to try each one then I just moulded them together as a couple were soo sticky I couldn’t get anything without my hands getting black.

Comment

Good discussion, thanks to all.

My question is about scraping the bubbled hash from the bags using a spoon. Maybe I'm just being greedy but it seems that the spoon or credit card scraping always leaves a good bit of residue in the screen. It's not much, but I cherish every delectable bit.

I wonder if I might get that last bit of yield by wrapping paper towels around the bottom of the bag itself and pressing out the water directly instead of trying to scoop it out to transfer to a screen and then pressing. Gonna try that next run.

I no longer bother separating the different "grades," couldn't tell the difference really. I don't crumble it either, just roll it up into a nice little tootsie roll so I can slice off a nibble at a time for the pipe.

Saludos,

-Grouchy
            My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
            I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
            Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're going to keep making BG, what's left on your screen will wash out with your next run. Otherwise, pour boiling water over the residue or wash it with alcohol.

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              To savour every last drop I use that sticky spoon to make a cup of tea or coffee.

If you’re going to mix all of the bags together anyway (I do this too)
            just rinse the little bit left from 1 bag into the finer bag below it. This doesn’t help you for the most precious bag... the last.... but at least you don’t lose any out of the coarser bags.
            I also found that a thinner tool like a small plastic putty knife or similar, did a better job at removing more from the bags.
            i totally understand your dilemma! That stuffs like gold!

Comment

If you’re mixing all the different grades together and say you’re doing 4 bags, why couldn’t you just do one bag and use the least fine bag?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Ooh, good call Xena .

• Xena
                Xena commented
                Editing a comment
                Gingerbeard I thought I was missing something. I have only really researched dry ice hash and was pretty sure on it if you sifted 73, 120, 160, and 220 and then mixed it all together that you’d get exactly the same thing by just sifting once in 220.

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Hold on. I just thought about it. The larger the micron, the more stuff passes through. Like trichomes. So it has to go down to the 20 to get the good stuff. So maybe collect the 160 and 20?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X