Banana Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Tea

This has probably been discussed here several thousand times (maybe even by me...who knows lol) What exactly IS the recipe for banana Tea? Is it simply "X" amount of blackened banana peels placed in "Y" amount of water for "Z" amount of time? After that how much of "XY" should be added to one gallon of water?
    Someone else told me they make their Banana Tea by combining the peels, liquid kelp and molasses.

Duane
    indoor 21/2 x 6 x 10' closet
    lined interior with reflective mylar
    SF2000
    5 gal cloth
    current: Aurora 3 wks to harvest +/-
    Mother Earth coco/perlite
    GH trio
    next: Charlottes Web
    open to suggestions

Where did ya git the Charlotte Web?

Comment

Thank you for reading the "fine print" lol I purchased from Pacific Seed Bank. I also got a strain called "Fucking Incredible" right now though the Charlottes Web has priority

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice LOL all these wonderful new names LOL. The tea i've never made of that sort. I've hung rotten banana from a fence for the butterflies

I make banana tea a lot during flower. I dice the entire banana (not just peel) and half an avocado and put in a gallon of water. Let it sit over night at room temp. !/2 cup to 3/4 cup per gallon of feed water. What you don't use can be kept in the fridge for a number of days. Sometimes I will add a tablespoon of blackstrap to the feed gallon.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Personally I'm not fond of bananas. My daughter eats them a lot so I will sometimes hijack one of hers. Living in California I grew up eating avocados though. I miss the days of them being a nickle apiece.

What I read somedamnplace is
      3 chopped peels in a jar
      pour 180*F water over them,
      let ferment at least 1 week.
      Strain it and add water to make 1 gallon,
      use 1 cup to 1 gallon water.

I'll add do PH it.

Comment

It is really cool that banana tea is good for your sleep. I have been looking for some natural methods lately.. I take some meds from Canadian pharmacy for this purpose, and they work pretty well I guess. But I would like to try some teas like this now, thanks for mentioning
      Last edited by poeras; 05-24-2021, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Do the bananas need to be overripe?
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Yes, they should be very over ripe. The more black the better...and use just the PEEL!
          I haven't used the banana tea in a while but there are different combinations out there. I used 5 peels, 5 tablespoons of UNSULPHERED molasses and 10ml of liquid fish fertilizer in two quarts of water. I let it stew for at least a week. if you do it right it'll stink to high holy hell!. then use about 1 cup of that per gallon of water for feeding
          Last edited by demcc3; 05-21-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I've always used the entire banana. Why do recommend peel only?

hi. Because that's what someone else told me and that is also what a couple "recipe's" mentioned. I guess that would probably work too

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X