Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw some microscopic critters on my sugar leaf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw some microscopic critters on my sugar leaf...

Yep definitely not my best grow this year This morning while checking on my trichomes I noticed 3 bugs crawling around the trichomes... I guess they are spider mites or aphids !! Well now I have to spray with Neem oil to all of my plants before it's get out of control..... Yep not a good grow, 6 dead plants because of a stupid PH pen meter and now this..! And so close to my Nepal harvest. I hope my Thai are not infected by it.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Should be OK if your harvest is still 2 weeks or more out.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I guess for my Nepals I'm entering my 8 wks so 1 to 2 wks to go. And beside Sunday I'm gonna flush them till harvest. It's more of my Thai that I'm a bit concern they have 4 more wks.

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      My comment concerning the time aspect was more directed at having enough time fir your Neem treatment to degrade and dissipate before you harvested. The longer the better. If I detect spidermites i treat my flowering plants with neem mixed with pyrethrin until about 2-3 weeks from harvest depending on degree of infestation. If its not too bad i may opt to just keep the population down by removing infested leaves and no neem treatment. This is usually the case because i keep them under control during the vegetative and earlier stages of budding by using the neem. If things get out if hand i have used the neem up to 2 weeks before harvest with no problems.

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      I would wait on the nepals, and maybe us the RWise method of alcohol diluted with water to spray them. I would use the neem on the thais if they still have 4 weeks to go. Good luck!

Farmbuck, from what I have seen here, you clearly have a deep understanding and grasp of what you are doing and I almost feel silly offering any advice to you at all. I'm not sure why, but for some reason since I began using my own homemade living soils I have had virtually no pest or PH problems with my grows. This is my third season running my own soils and the results have been exceptional. I know you grow indoors and many who do often balk at bringing it inside but I do it often when one or two of my plants needs special attention and I've never encountered a problem. Before I began this method I often had to battle fungus gnats, leaf hoppers, root aphids, and such, but now, nothing. By far the biggest advantage has been not having to chase PH fluctuations every feed. The living microbes and enzymes they produce have literally kept my soils balanced within a tick or two from optimal. Anyway, I may be preaching to the choir but I just wanted to give you a little food for thought. Keep up your exceptional work and sharing those beautiful pictures.

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the encouragements, A sign of hope this morning, It's just the bottom part of the plant that are affected but this morning after spraying with Neem last night I saw a few dead ones sooo I feel it's a good start !! Anyway I'll keep spraying more Neem in a few days from now on. Anyways The Nepals are showing some amber. After I'll decide if I need to clean the buds with soft soap and water.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-05-2020, 08:32 AM.

Good news this morning after a thorough examination my main colas are free of aphids..! Well for now.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-05-2020, 08:31 AM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Were they aphids or spiders mites? Aphids are easy to see with the naked eye. Spidermites are much smaller and usually require a hand lens to detect if you want to see the actual critter.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      There are aphids I saw them on one of my Nepal's sugar leaf. As for Neem well I did it on the Nepals a few days ago so like I was saying it's not as bad as I thought... Just two Nepals affected but just at the bottom part of the plant. And since I live in a cold climat I'm thinking of putting the girls outside at nite just before I trim them to make sure they (the aphids) ared dead cold loll

Man i tell ya it's right now going on with all the resin being produced i see more beetle and spiders outdoors.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal what do you think, should I wash in soft soap before I trim them ? Or just trim it and leave them in the cold for a while loll Here it's getting colder by the hour like a cool 8C ok for you it's 46F lolll

Shoot i never have washed buds i know folks on this site have said they do but i've never done it. I've never had " infestations" of bugs. Seen a few so probley more than i know were there LOL. But i've never seen them crawling threw buds or anything like that. My main issue this time of year would be WPM which i see in the mornings now on my leaf not buds.........yet. But that Thai i got well she is one of those who may get bud rot. I saw this do to her insane sticky resins.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I haven't had any infestations that I know of. Fire will clear those suckers off. Love your photography and your plants. Thanks for sharing.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X